S5, volume (lock, select.) too loud... since Lollipop 5.0

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi !

This is something that bother me since the update to Lollipop:
The minimum volume of the system sounds (lock, unlock, selection, etc.) is too loud.
I mean, I set it to the minimum but it's still louder than before Lollipop. Am I the only one in this
situation ? I really don't want to clear my phone... Other sounds (notification, ring, etc.) work as supposed, no problem there.

Thanks for your help !

P.

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to be the same as KitKat.. Are you using this settings menu?

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-19-13-21-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-19-13-21-40.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
For those interested, don't loose your time, it did not change after a factory reset or even a complete wipe and download of Lollipop with Kies.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi !

This is something that bother me since the update to Lollipop:
The minimum volume of the system sounds (lock, unlock, selection, etc.) is too loud.
I mean, I set it to the minimum but it's still louder than before Lollipop. Am I the only one in this
situation ? I really don't want to clear my phone... Other sounds (notification, ring, etc.) work as supposed, no problem there.

Thanks for your help !

P.

That's funny, I just posted a questions about this. I've noticed that the keyboard clicks and swipe to unlock sound are insanely loud. Turning down any of the sound options don't do a single thing. It seems as if the lowest setting is barely a difference. I guess I may have to keep my keyboard and swipe sound muted. Which super sucks cause if I wasn't for that 5.0 would be perfect in my book!

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
That's funny, I just posted a questions about this. I've noticed that the keyboard clicks and swipe to unlock sound are insanely loud. Turning down any of the sound options don't do a single thing. It seems as if the lowest setting is barely a difference. I guess I may have to keep my keyboard and swipe sound muted. Which super sucks cause if I wasn't for that 5.0 would be perfect in my book!

Oh boy, exactly !! I also muted my keyboard and swipe sounds... At least we have keyboard vibration, it's probably better than nothing.
And I don't want to downgrade to KitKat because I gain a day and a half of battery time with Lollipop... On the positive side, after the
complete wipe / clean install, my phone just fly !!

Branden76

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Go to "setting" - "device" - "sound and notifications". You can see ringtone, media, system sound volume and notification. Most likely lock and keyboard sounds related with "system sound".