I have a Galaxy S5 on the mobile carrier, U.S. Cellular. I've been so very patient to get the 5.0 update, but there seems to be such a lack of information about the U.S. Cellular version, even though it's the nations 5th largest carrier. Do you except them to surprise everyone and beat AT&T, or do you expect them to be one of the last? Thanks for any feedback, thoughts, or opinions (:

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5
    03-18-2015 05:04 PM
    That's like asking you if you expect that I have more or less than $3 in change in my pocket.

There's no way to know when any particular carrier will release any particular update for any particular phone. Even the "expected release date" you see on a lot of blogs is just short of a wild guess. (Even the carrier, if they do things right, can't tell you until about the day before. Some tiny bugs can take weeks to chase down, so if they expect to release it next Monday, and find a bug the day after tomorrow, it may be a few months before it's released. Or, they can play the "we're fast but sloppy" game and release it with the bug. I'd rather get good than fast. My phone works. Do I want the latest ROM if my phone won't work when I update it? No.) When I read that 5.0 to 5.0.2 all have a memory leak, I don't want them, and 5.1 hasn't been out long enough to know whether there are any major bugs. (A memory leak isn't a major bug, it's a MAJOR bug.)
    ironass likes this.
    03-18-2015 05:25 PM