Guys, I am coming from a 32GB iPhone 4 (don't kill me haha) and I loved it because of the amazing battery life and that I could easily replace the battery every 2-3 months in 5 minutes...I gives me a charge for 3 or 4 days. Anyway, it is time to upgrade because the hardware is slow with the latest iOS. Now, I want to get an S5 BUT I don't know which to pick...

1) 16GB G900F with 1 year factory warranty for $400 USD all in

2) 32GB G900i with NO warranty for $580

Now, most of you are probably think it is not worth the $180 price difference but I use a ton of apps (including 5-8GB GPS apps) and I heard even with Android 5.0 I can't offload all apps to an SD card?? I also have like ~23GB of music so.....If I got the 16GB model, that would only leave me with 8GB for all my apps even if I did put everything I possibly could (like my music) on a SD card...Even my current 32GB iPhone is like 80% full so...And yes I am aware of the network differences but I am from Europe so either model would work fine on my local networks.
    03-19-2015 04:15 PM
    Android was not made to run apps off an SD card. some apps you can move over to the SD card but they are a bit slower in some/most cases. a lot of people just go to cloud storage
    03-19-2015 04:39 PM
    I hate cloud storage (don't use iCloud) at all so I would want everything stored locally on the phone....Photos, music, apps, everything. I was hoping I could offload everything to an SD card and from a software development perspective, that is easy to code but obviously the developers of Android were forced not to implement that, probably to sell more higher priced internal storage models?

Anyway, I thought it was a 4.4.x limitation that might be addressed if I upgraded the phone to 5 but I guess not? Looks like I am looking at the 32GB all internal storage model...
    03-19-2015 04:45 PM
    Don't take my word as the be all end all I'm sure most all 3rd party apps don't have a real problem running off the SD card.
    But being that you have the access to a 32 GB S5 you probably would be happier in the long run but I bet the prices come down a whole lot now that the S6 is out. I'd wait a little bit to see
    03-19-2015 05:42 PM
    Have you tried yourself? What percentage of normal apps will work on the SD card and what percentage won't? If like 80% will then I don't mind afterall...

As for the S6, yes I heard about it but I don't like it (battery) and is why I want the S5 actually...When will the S6 be released for widespread public use? Paying $180 extra for 16GB additional is pretty crazy lol...
    03-19-2015 06:26 PM
    Have you tried yourself? What percentage of normal apps will work on the SD card and what percentage won't? If like 80% will then I don't mind afterall...

As for the S6, yes I heard about it but I don't like it (battery) and is why I want the S5 actually...When will the S6 be released for widespread public use? Paying $180 extra for 16GB additional is pretty crazy lol...
    SD card for your music and the like is fine.

It is a bit hit and miss which apps run off the SD card. Google apps don't; AV apps don't but I find most others do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    03-19-2015 06:40 PM
    Facebook? Messenger? Can those kind of 3rd party apps run off the SD card?

The biggest one I am worried about is Navigon GPS...I need both a North America one and a European one, each is ~4-5GB. Does anybody use Navigon on here and can confirm if it can run off the SD card? If it can't I can't even get any android phone at this point...
    03-19-2015 06:44 PM