06-03-2016 08:09 AM
35 12
tools
    I tired adding another address near my house (not mine again and it didn't work). It does now and I didn't use a work around. I woke up today and it was working. It definitely wasn't last night. I'm thinking another silent push went out.
    03-25-2015 05:54 PM
    Samsung felt that this was not secure enough and did not include it in Lollipop.
    Actually, it's there in TouchWiz as well, it's just practically hidden. Had to follow the same steps to get it working in my ATT Note 3 Lollipop update.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/03...the-galaxy-s5/
    03-26-2015 01:47 PM
    Actually, it's there in TouchWiz as well, it's just practically hidden. Had to follow the same steps to get it working in my ATT Note 3 Lollipop update.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/03...the-galaxy-s5/
    As per post #22, we were talking about the Trusted Face option. Do you have that in the Note 3 Lollipop update then?
    03-26-2015 02:00 PM
    As per post #22, we were talking about the Trusted Face option. Do you have that in the Note 3 Lollipop update then?
    Apologies, I missed that and thought you were just talking about Smart Lock in general and not a specific feature. People seem to think it's missing because it's so difficult to initially find.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-26-2015 05:30 PM
    I just got.the lollipop update and no luck yet with smart lock
    Can't see it
    03-27-2015 01:16 AM
    I found a workaround on reddit that works for me. If you create a second trusted location set to the same place, smart lock will work. It's not a fix, but it is a work around. I set the new location to the end of my driveway so GPS coordinates were used instead of a street address. It's working for me now.

I have a Samsung GS5 on VZW. Hope this works for you too.
    I found that just turning off and then back on my "Home" location in trusted places fixed the issue. I didn't have to add a new one.
    On another note, On-Body is a great idea, I love it.
    03-28-2015 01:39 PM
    I have a Galaxy s5 running lollipop on vzw. I have smart lock turned on but it only works for the trusted device. Trusted places does not work. I have it set up for my home address and it was working until earlier this week. The only thing I've done is uninstalled some apps I downloaded but was not using. Another thing I changed was turning off location history bc I was tired of the notification coming up saying searching for location using GPS. I turned it back on but it still doesn't work . I have searched the Web and changed and replaced location settings. I've rebooted my phone and also made sure the correct address was showing in Google maps. I even added another trusted place which is in the same area but it doesn't work. Any ideas?
    Hey there I was having same problem and I just clicked add location and tree added my home location and it work than I turned off old home location and out still worked dunno if it will work for you but worth a shot
    05-23-2015 04:44 AM
    I have a Galaxy s5 running lollipop on vzw. I have smart lock turned on but it only works for the trusted device. Trusted places does not work. I have it set up for my home address and it was working until earlier this week. The only thing I've done is uninstalled some apps I downloaded but was not using. Another thing I changed was turning off location history bc I was tired of the notification coming up saying searching for location using GPS. I turned it back on but it still doesn't work . I have searched the Web and changed and replaced location settings. I've rebooted my phone and also made sure the correct address was showing in Google maps. I even added another trusted place which is in the same area but it doesn't work. Any ideas?
    Here's what worked for me:
    I have an app called Navigation Layer that basically allows you to do quick actions from anywhere. It's an overlay app. I went into Settings/Security/Device administrators, and found Nav Layer on there. I unchecked it, and Smart Lock started working again. Pretty strange. Try checking your device administrator settings.
    (don't forget to turn off then back on your device just in case)
    12-09-2015 03:25 AM
    Anyone have any new ideas about Smart Lock, trusted places does not work, on body does not work. I just got the Marshmallow up date on Verizon. I guess I will have to go back to the ridiculous work arounds mentioned unless someone has a better idea
    Thanks

SMG-900V
    Build RU2DPD1
    Android 6.01
    Security May 1, 2016
    06-03-2016 07:53 AM
    Anyone have any new ideas about Smart Lock, trusted places does not work, on body does not work. I just got the Marshmallow up date on Verizon
    Sorry to hear. There are two reasons - you're missing a security set up step (can you deactivate ALL administrators and security PIN, fingerprint, etc... and then re-enable it all again) or big red just borked your firmware.

I'm on the Canadian version and mine works flawlessly. I have several trusted places and devices and it never locks on me unless I leave it be for too long (4 hours IIRC), then by default it locks for security.
    06-03-2016 08:09 AM
35 12