Smart Lock Not Working

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s5 running lollipop on vzw. I have smart lock turned on but it only works for the trusted device. Trusted places does not work. I have it set up for my home address and it was working until earlier this week. The only thing I've done is uninstalled some apps I downloaded but was not using. Another thing I changed was turning off location history bc I was tired of the notification coming up saying searching for location using GPS. I turned it back on but it still doesn't work . I have searched the Web and changed and replaced location settings. I've rebooted my phone and also made sure the correct address was showing in Google maps. I even added another trusted place which is in the same area but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ashishb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing similar issues with smart lock on a nexus 6 running lollipop 5.01 on T-Mobile. Everything had been working fine (trusted devices, home and work locations), but for the last 10+ days the home location doesn't work. It's fine in the car with trusted devices and and with work, but doesn't work fr home. I've turned off home, turned off smart lock in trusted agents and have restarted. Have checked location settings in maps, etc... and everything appears to be correct. I've rebooted multiple times too with no luck. I can't recall the site, but others experiencing this kid of issue had said uninstalling a google play services update and then reinstalling worked for them. The uninstall option is grayed out for me so I haven't been able to try that. I think the issue I'm having may have been caused by a google maps update. I uninstalled the update and things were back to normal for a bit, but then had the same issue with the home trusted place. It may also be caused by some other app I have, but not sure of the best way to find out what app(s) it could be. Hopefully there's a fix coming soon - this issue is becoming annoying.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I just tried removing the Google maps update and also disabling and enabling Google play services. Neither worked for me but thanks for the info.

twdawson

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
They have broke one of the most useful features I use.
Sick of beta testing software.

Posted via the Android Central App

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock VZW G5 5.0 and tried using Smart Lock for the first time today at home. Can't get it to work. Smart Lock is enabled, GPS high accuracy is enabled, new home location is stored. No change in lock screen function.
Read through the online help in the Smart Lock app, and everything is correct.
No dice.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
It was indeed working for me at one point. It stopped one day this past week. I only noticed it after I realized then got annoyed with entering my lock code in my house. It still works correctly in my car when connected to Bluetooth. I wish the app Skip Lock still worked for lollipop. It was actually better than the smart lock feature bc it relied on WiFi connections vs a location on a map.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
There is also a new feature in smart lock that is called on body. It was silently pushed to my phone yesterday. It works similarly but my concern is when I'm outside of my house or car as those are the only two times when I allow smart lock to be used. Not even at work. On body may have to do for now though...

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried it for the first time in my car, and it worked as advertised.
Must be something with the location/maps/GPS that's not talking properly.

sgreenblatt

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. SmartLock had been working perfectly until this weekend.

I'm Galaxy S5 Verizon.

Someone needs to file a class action suit. I'm tired of paying for this phone and services that do not work!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts are that since they silently pushed the on body update they broke the GPS feature. It's bugs the begeezus out of me!! Someone PLEASE fix it and NOW!!

mikerigsby

May 30, 2012
Visit site
No fix, just tossing my hat in as also having this problem. Verizon Galaxy S5. Smartlock worked perfectly until maybe a week ago and now it doesn't work at all for Trusted Places. I haven't installed anything from the time it worked until now so it's nothing I've done.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am at a loss to explain why so many Verizon users are experiencing problems with the, Trusted Places", security feature recently. It does require a strong, fast, accurate, GPS lock to operate. It is working great on the latest Samsung release for the UK, OC7, build date 13th March. You can improve your GPS and AGPS signal by following the steps in GPS fix S5 - Dummies Guide to see if that helps.

vap8900

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I found a workaround on reddit that works for me. If you create a second trusted location set to the same place, smart lock will work. It's not a fix, but it is a work around. I set the new location to the end of my driveway so GPS coordinates were used instead of a street address. It's working for me now.

I have a Samsung GS5 on VZW. Hope this works for you too.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Did the same thing (didn't know about the reddit workaround) with my home address and now it working. Also working is the unlock while on your body feature

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Added my neighbor's house and it works fine.

Now my question is how to delete trusted places.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It would appear that the GPS location is not that accurate on some firmwares and phones if you need to enlarge your trusted place. Could be improved by using the GPS fix above.

Robert Phelan1

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
It's an accuracy thing. Had same problem. Add the addresses of both sides of your home. If you live at 8 then add 6 and ten. This will fix it

Last edited:

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone get the trusted face option? My trusted Bluetooth works good haven't tried the trusted place. I also received the on body update but still don't have the trusted face option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome