I posted this before on the wrong forum so I'm reposting it.

Okay, first let me start off by giving some descriptions to questions you may have:

*My phone is not rooted.
    *I have not messed with any modifications.
    *My phone's automatic update is turned off. (I haven't update since 4.42.)
    *I've already erased the cache in recovery mode.
    *I don't have a back-up.

My phone had died because the battery life ran out. I charged it fully and unplugged it. I kept it off for a little while, and when I turned it on it booted normally to the start-up screen, blinked off and restarted back to the screen; it remained stuck there. I can power off and enter recovery mode, but I can't power off. The charge logo appears when I plug it up, but it stays there with an empty power logo even after I unplug it. I have to always take out the battery to turn it off. What did I do wrong, and I can I fix it without having to wipe out documents? (I have a lot of writing documents)
    03-22-2015 09:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd suggest flashing the stock firmware using Odin, but I think this would wipe your data as well. Are your important documents on Internal Storage or a microSD card?

Steps to flash the stock firmware are here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html. Find the firmware here: Firmwares - SamMobile
    03-23-2015 01:48 AM
    I don't think that you have done anything wrong. It seems to be a battery or a software problem. What I recommend you to do is to get the 4.4.2 firmware(or lollipop) for your S5 and flash it. If the problem still lasts, buy a battery for your phone.
    It's all I know, wish it helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 01:55 AM
    I had a similar problem, turned out to be a corrupt app on my SD card. Try taking the SD card out if you have one in, replace the battery, let it reboot hopefully it'll load up so you can get your data off the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 06:31 AM
    I didn't have an SD card in my phone. I tried to use my sister's battery and still didn't work. I can put the phone in safety mode, but I have to take the battery out to power it off. And I have a feeling that even if I clear everything it would still be in the same shape it's in now.
    03-23-2015 01:37 PM
    which carrier are you with? Have you went into one of their brick and mortar stores and had them take a look at your problem? Best buy stores have certain kiosks inside their stores in some cases with actual Samsung employees there to help work out problems with your phone also. you might want to check and see if one is around you.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-23-2015 02:35 PM
    which carrier are you with? Have you went into one of their brick and mortar stores and had them take a look at your problem? Best buy stores have certain kiosks inside their stores in some cases with actual Samsung employees there to help work out problems with your phone also. you might want to check and see if one is around you.
    Good idea.

Excellent avatar, systemofadown1!
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:44 PM
    same problem when i charge my phone
    08-17-2015 09:51 PM
    i had this exact problem and in the end it turned out that i was attempting to charge it from my coumputer ich apparently didnt have enough power so when i plugged it into a genuine samsung charger woth cable it booted up fine.
    11-30-2015 12:32 PM
    Has happened 2 me a couple of times with my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I)
    EASY FIX!!
    Needs a soft reset, not a factory reset or firmware reload.
    So simple, turn phone off, take your battery out for about 10 - 20 seconds.
    Reinsert & turn on All done will now proceed past the frozen start screen
    Hope i have been helpful
    Cheers, JoeyTheRev
    05-02-2016 02:00 AM
    You're a life saver JoeyTheRev. You saved my s5.
    07-24-2016 10:07 AM