Why does my Auto backup in Photos keep failing in my new Samsung Galaxy 5?

A

AC Question

My Auto backup in Photos keeps failing in my new Samsung Galaxy 5

I've set my phone to auto backup my photos when I'm on my wi-fi and also plugged in and charging. It says my backup has failed with a little yield logo with an exclamation point. I clicked the manual refresh circle to the right of that message and it keeps failing. If I view my photos in the Gallery almost all of them have only the device card symbol, and only a few from when the phone was new have the colored logo on the duplicate photo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Auto backup in Photos keeps failing in my new Samsung Galaxy 5

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google+ Photos and Google+ Uploads are checked.

Todd Huish

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Not on a Galaxy but I've been having this problem for weeks on my LG G4 Marshmallow. No amount of rebooting, reconnecting the app and clering cache was working. Finally I went into "Assistant" instead of settings and there right at the top, under the 'create new' icons was a card that said "sync turned off, would you like to enable sync" and I said yes and voila...backup complete.

Why setting this in setting app settings, photo settings and 900 other places didn't work, I have no idea.