data consumption

Nickolas724

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have metro pcs and am only allowed 2 gb of high speed data toll my speeds drop to 3g, is there any way to turn of data for specfic apps? I knkw there is restrict bakground data but is there anyway to disable it completely for certain apps? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Disabling background data will make it so that the app doesn't use any data unless you are using. No way to completely disable data as far as I know, but you can avoid using those apps unless you're on WiFi

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but man thats crazy that you cant disable data for a certain app! Don't you think?

Well, disabling background is probably enough. What would be the point of disabling data all together? Might as well not have the app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Because what if its a game or something like that? I dknt want my data being used by pesky ads

Ah, that's true. Didn't think of that...
Does suck that there isn't an option for that. Only way around it is airplane mode, but that doesn't allow you to get calls or messages 😞

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its not that big of a deal although its so simple, samsung needs to get on this!

I'm not sure this is a Samsung issue, I think this is Google Android OS.
That's why some people root their phones, so they can have more control of these things...freeze out those pesky ads!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37