I am new to the mp3 world. I am trying to play the music app through my car stereo using the headphone jack and the cars Aux port. The issue I am having is the vocals are horrible. Can barely hear them and they sound like I am in a empty hall. When I am listening out of the phone speaker all sounds fine. Should I be connecting a different way? Or is there a setting I am missing somewhere? I tried playing with the built in eq but not much difference. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-23-2015 07:01 PM
    I've always used Bluetooth but if your car is not equipped with it that's not an option
    03-23-2015 07:08 PM
    I am new to the mp3 world. I am trying to play the music app through my car stereo using the headphone jack and the cars Aux port. The issue I am having is the vocals are horrible. Can barely hear them and they sound like I am in a empty hall. When I am listening out of the phone speaker all sounds fine. Should I be connecting a different way? Or is there a setting I am missing somewhere? I tried playing with the built in eq but not much difference. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have carried a cable with me to try and do this for years in rental cars, and I can't remember one car where it worked as it should have. Not sure what the deal is, but what I did in my non-bluetooth car is add:
    Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack
    Check out the reviews online (read AmA_oN). This is an inexpensive way to get fantastic music from your phone. I will say the phone portion lacks a bit, but the music playback is Great!!
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    03-24-2015 07:24 AM
    This is taking me back a few years but if my memory serve me correct you have 2 different sources of audio. One is Line input which is 1 volt peak to peak non amplified and the other is your phones head phone jack. That is amplified if i remember correctly. Some head units dont play well with amplified input. I have a receiver in my truck that does. I can plug my M8 or Note 3 to it and with volume all the way up on my handset it gives me about half the expected input. However its a clean enough signal to work well. Its weird that the headphone jack, even though is an amplified source of audio is still to low for a line input which is a higher source of audio.
    Basically Line In is different from Headphone in.
    I may be a bit off on some of it but thats the gist.
    03-24-2015 11:02 AM