Why can't my Samsung S5 mini connect to wifi?

A

AC Question

samsung s5mini suddenly cant connect to wifi

Did the steps on previous post here, problem is with router security but even if I change the security protocol it still doesn't work. on my router options are:
None
WPA2-PSK [AES] - default
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

last option doesnt seem to work and middle two block the samsung. work fine when security is disabled

B. Diddy
Welcome to Android Central! Have you rebooted the router? Have you forgotten the network on the phone, then tried to reconnect? Stick with WPA2-AES at this point.

Review this guide, if you haven't already: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Reply:

Thanks. Have done everything it the troubleshooter. Still not working. Any more ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung s5mini suddenly cant connect to wifi

Hi--please consider registering on this forum so that you can continue the discussion within the thread you started. It is not easy nor efficient to continue trying to help if we can't refer back to your previous posts.

Make sure your router's firmware is up to date.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung s5mini suddenly cant connect to wifi

Did the steps on previous post here, problem is with router security but even if I change the security protocol it still doesn't work. on my router options are:
None
WPA2-PSK [AES] - default
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

last option doesnt seem to work
Because you don't have an Enterprise server for the router to connect to. (It's almost useless, because almost no one uses it.)

and middle two block the samsung.
Because they have a problem with TKIP and, if you have one of the better routers (Linksys, D-Link), they have a problem with that implementation of AES too. The Netgear WNR2000 ($45 at Best Buy - Netgear WirelessN Router Black WNR2000-100NAS - Best Buy ) was my solution to a $200 Linksys that they don't seem to care won't work with a lot of cellphones. (And Linksys used to be the only router I'd buy - it cost me to have to return to a client's site because a router failed. Now it's one I wouldn't take if they paid me. I don't need a router to decorate my living room, and that's about all it's good for.)

work fine when security is disabled
Because there's no encryption.