Why has my alarm stopped working after I upgraded it?

karentrana

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
After upgrade, alarm did not make any sound. just the display.

Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint) device was upgraded. Every night I put my phone on silent, but my set the alarm. This is because I don't want to hear emails, texts, etc. The alarm always sounded.

After the upgrade, the sound of the alarm was not there. Only the display showed the alarm going off. I looked to see if there were new settings to accommodate this configuration, but I did not see any.

Any ideas here?

tjduff2002

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: After upgrade, alarm did not make any sound. just the display.

Mine did the same thing!! I tried all the setting and still doesn't work. They need to go back to the plain volume settings and things will be fine.....annoyed.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Mine did the same thing!! I tried all the setting and still doesn't work. They need to go back to the plain volume settings and things will be fine.....annoyed.

Already fixed on the international model, G900F, OB7, build for 13th Feb; that added the Mute Button and screen pinning, if I remember correctly. Definitely present on the latest OC7 build of 16th Mar; as I have just tested it with the alarm set and the sound toggle in the notification bar, on mute.

karentrana

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

I installed an App from Google Play that I thought might work, but no, the sound did not play. I overslept this morning...can't have that happen tomorrow. What a pain.