New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what the update was for then?

If you've already upgraded to Lollipop, you won't notice much of anything new besides overall improved performance. If you haven't upgraded:

Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material design-inspired notifications.
Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by material design.
Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I forget to use The Googler, thank you for the help! I do notice some battery improvements now that my phone cooled down!

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I gotta say, the update wrked for me so far. Normal usage, took phone off the charger at 10, and after 4 hours it only used 18%. I'm impressed.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my S5 (Verizon) to the new built (BOC4). Everything went well. I did a cache partition after the upgrade and rebooted my phone. Everything is much more snappier and smoother even though built BOA8 was good. My battery life was great before with build BOA8. Will have to wait and see how the battery life will be now.

Not sure what changed in this new built. Anyone have any idea what is new in this built (BOC4)?

EDIT My battery life on BOA8 was great. Now on BOC4 and my battery life is slightly better. One happy camper here. :D

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The minor update, 180MB, today, seems to be for fixing the fingerprint scanner. Since Verizon do not use Samsung for their firmware, you know more than me!

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Vzw customer. I was very happy with the initial lollipop update after a factory reset.
Installed this update at 4am this morning.
Can't tell any difference so far, battery or otherwise.
Will follow up if that changes, but I've used the heck out of this thing since my last full charge. Streaming, calling, music, email and texting and I dropped 15% in just over 5 hrs.

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Updated yesterday to BOC4. No noticeable difference to me, but the 5.0 update never really was problematic. Active Sync issue is still there causing constant sync when set to PUSH. Still have lag when opening an email. I hope 5.1 addresses these.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
AFter 24 hours, the update seems to have made the phone more snappy/responsive. There is a noticeable difference in launching apps and taking pictures.

My only concern is the battery life seems to have taken a slight hit, but that is really a subjective claim because my use of it varies day by day. Will continue to monitor it as time progresses. I carry a spare battery with me anyways, so it's not that concerning at this point. It's nothing like the consumption after the inital Lollipop push...that was a dreadful experience until FDR.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I feel the same minus the battery hit. I think it did great! I kept 10% extra battery after I used my fuzz buster app. I guess it's all relative!

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Great update. My phone is very smooth now and battery life really improved after this new Lollipop update. This basically eliminated any thoughts of me switching to a new phone now.

autiger

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The volume bar seems to be offset slightly to the left when I try to adjust. It's fully functional; I just seem to recall it being centered visually before. Not an issue, at all.

Yes! This drives me crazy! As an OCD software developer it's all I can do to look at it. ;-)

Is everyone seeing this?

Of course, my biggest issue is I'm still seeing 5 hour battery life and over-heating. Sigh. I guess I'll try another factory reset. First one didn't work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae