How can I sort my contacts by their last name?

shoregeek

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Sort Contacts by Last Name

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.4) on the SPRINT network.

Everything works OK. But in my contacts, they are sorted by first name instead of last name (which is more useful).

I can get to the settings menu for contacts (Contacts app, three-dots-menu, Settings), but I only have options for import/export and swipe to dial. NO SORT.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sort Contacts by Last Name

I am on SlimKat for an M8. The Contacts app is the base version (if that is what Samsung used). I have a choice under Contacts>menu>settings. Is that where you looked?

shoregeek

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Yes. That is where I looked and where everyone tells me to look. But the options that I am told to expect are not there. Even Samsung support has no clue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'd try either going to a Sprint store and checking one of THEIR demo units or calling Sprint support (although, I fear, that would be as useful as calling Samsung's). The safest bet is to actually see if their other units have the same 'issue'. If they do, then maybe Sprint decided to remove that sorting ability (which, again, IS there for the T-Mobile S5) from the phone. Carriers do that sometimes, screwing up some features from phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20