How can I unlock a GALAXY S5 bought from Ebay locked by Rent-a-Center?

A

AC Question

GALAXY S5 bought from ebay locked by rent-a- center

i bought galaxy s5 tmobile from ebay
it worked great for 7 month ..and all of sudden now i see lock screen with
message that it is locked by rent a center call them to unlock

does anyone have any idea how to fix...ebay policy only covers 45 days and paypal 180 max....i m out of luck

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: GALAXY S5 bought from ebay locked by rent-a- center

i bought galaxy s5 tmobile from ebay
it worked great for 7 month ..and all of sudden now i see lock screen with
message that it is locked by rent a center call them to unlock

does anyone have any idea how to fix...ebay policy only covers 45 days and paypal 180 max....i m out of luck

You might want to take it up to them and find out what that is about.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: GALAXY S5 bought from ebay locked by rent-a- center

I'm guessing, but someone rented the phone, then sold it to you. After 7 months, RAC gave up on recovering the phone and had it blocked. If you pay them their price for the phone, they'll have it unlocked. Of you can pursue the matter with the prosecutor's office in the country the seller lives in, since it's larceny by fraud, at the very least. (It's also a federal crime since the internet, which is interstate, was used to commit the fraud, and eBay may want to block the seller from using their site in the future, since they're accessories to the fraud. But they'll need a copy of the official complaint you make. If the phone was mailed, contact the USPS office of the Inspector General, Frauds Division at https://www.uspsoig.gov/hotline.)

brandonbowers1

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The best action to take is to return the phone to your local rent a center. It is property of the rent a center. You won't be penalized and they will pay you for the phone. It was locked for a reason. The IMEI is blacklisted and will never be clean until it is returned to the original owner. In this case rent a center. My best advice is to call rent a center or call their 1800 number on Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow