Hello Everyone...

My company has recently switched from iPhone to the S5. I received over 200 emails per day so my email is set up with an inbox and several folders. All of the folders are set to push mail from our server. After selecting all of the folders to push email it will work for about a day. When I wake in the morning only email in my inbox is showing. All of the emails in the folders are no longer showing and the settings are all changed to manual. It seems like the email settings are resetting themselves nightly. I have tried deleting and re-adding the account and turning off power save.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using an SG5 running Android 4.4.4

Thanks,
    TTorabisu
    04-01-2015 02:30 PM
    I'm not sure I'm clear about the setup. As I get it, mail is sorted at the server, some to a regular inbox, some goes into folders. Then the mail is pushed to recipients. Sounds OK so far...

You lose me after that.

When you say "All of the folders are set to push mail from our server." you mean the setup on the server, correct?

But when you say that in the morning "the settings are all changed to manual.," are you talking about on the phone or the server? I think you mean on the phone but exactly what settings?

Are you using the stock SG5 email client or...?

This is not Exchange email, it's IMAP, correct?

Do you have sync of the folders setup?

Any other info you can give about your setup would be helpful.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-01-2015 03:06 PM
    Hi Crashdamage,

Thanks for your response.

When you say "All of the folders are set to push mail from our server." you mean the setup on the server, correct? Correct. The Server will push the mail according to the mail rules, ie. all emails from XYZ will go into the 'Finance' Folder. Any email where a rule does not apply should be pushed to my Inbox.

But when you say that in the morning "the settings are all changed to manual.," are you talking about on the phone or the server? I think you mean on the phone but exactly what settings? On the SG5 all of the emails in the folders are missing and if I go into the push settings on the SG5 they all now read 'Manual Sync' instead of push.

Are you using the stock SG5 email client or...? I am using the stock SG5.

This is not Exchange email, it's IMAP, correct? This was set up through Microsoft Exchange

Do you have sync of the folders setup? Yes all of the folders are set to sync/push.

My desktop email client is Lotus Notes but we are in the process of transitioning to Microsoft Outlook.
    04-01-2015 07:22 PM
    I don't really have any time right now, I'll give this some thought later, but one quick question...

Since this is an Exchange account, is it IMAP, EWS or Active Sync? The answer is important for me to have a shot at sorting this out.

I may have more questions later. Unfortunately, while I have some email knowledge I don't know much about Exchange. I'll help if I can...

04-01-2015 11:04 PM
    OK, the first 2 questions might have seemed a little dumb, I just wanted to be sure.

I've never had a Samsung so I'm not familiar with the stock email client, but I understand it's different from the standard ones in vanilla Android. On your S5 what are the choices for syncing folders?

I don't suppose you've tried a different email client?

Let me know about what type of Exchange account you're dealing with.

04-02-2015 01:05 AM