No matter what I download and where I download it from it'll be unusually slow. On my old GS4 it was WAY faster, and it's like this on Wifi and Mobile data. Is it a phone issue? Is it a carrier issue? Or is this just how the phone is? Please help.

Josiah23

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 03:44 PM
    You've tried downloading from multiple different sites? If your attempts are all from one site, then it's probably a server issue for that site. Can you give us examples of where you're trying to download from?
    04-01-2015 05:13 PM
    You've tried downloading from multiple different sites? If your attempts are all from one site, then it's probably a server issue for that site. Can you give us examples of where you're trying to download from?
    Google Play Store
    4 shared website and app
    Aptoide app
    And tons of others. Even if the app is 3 or 4 mb it'll take longer than usual. If the app is over 30mb I'll turn on download booster and it seem way to slow.

04-01-2015 05:28 PM
    Ok, and you said this is on wi-fi and mobile data. Is it only on your home wi-fi network? Have you tried wi-fi at work, or at the local coffee shop?

When you tested it out, did you turn off mobile data when you were checking wi-fi, and vice-versa when you were checking mobile data? I ask because if there's some problem with the wi-fi, then the phone will use mobile data, and perhaps there's some throttling going on from your carrier depending on your usage pattern.
    04-01-2015 05:45 PM
    Ok, and you said this is on wi-fi and mobile data. Is it only on your home wi-fi network? Have you tried wi-fi at work, or at the local coffee shop?

When you tested it out, did you turn off mobile data when you were checking wi-fi, and vice-versa when you were checking mobile data? I ask because if there's some problem with the wi-fi, then the phone will use mobile data, and perhaps there's some throttling going on from your carrier depending on your usage pattern.
    Yes, I've tried downloading apps using Wifi at Best buy, Starbucks, RadioShack, Walmart, and even the Verizon store. I have tried switching to mobile data instead of Wifi and vice versa.

04-01-2015 08:48 PM
    Not sure about this. Maybe try wiping the cache partition. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    04-01-2015 09:32 PM
    Tried that and a factory reset twice.

04-01-2015 09:35 PM
    And I'm also having this problem where I download an apk and the download will start then just disappear as if I never downloaded it. It'll show for half a second every 2 minutes or so.

04-01-2015 09:36 PM
    That makes me suspect a device or firmware issue. It might be worth flashing the stock ROM via Odin.http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:39 PM
    I'll try it but last time I used odin on my galaxy s4 it bricked it and it wouldn't turn on after that. But I might give it a shot

04-01-2015 09:43 PM
    This is my download file that has been downloading for awhile now. It's only like 3mb maybe less.

Attached Thumbnails Slow download speed on my Verizon GS5-screenshot_2015-04-01-22-45-24.jpg  
    04-01-2015 09:46 PM