Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    I haven't had any issues with my Verizon Galaxy s5 until after updating to Lollipop 5.0. The default/pre-installed music player crashes very often. It won't start playing until pressing play a number of times, once it finally does play it will stop after the song has finished, if I try to skip a song it will usually crash once I hit the skip button but if I get lucky it will let me skip 4 or 5 songs before giving me the "Unfortunately, Music has stopped" error message. It does crash sometimes mid song. I'm not sure what the issue is, as I said I haven't had a problem like this before updating. I will also randomly get an error message saying that Contacts has stopped working, which I have seen others report happening, but I haven't seen anything about the music player crashing. I have a 128GB sd card but I don't think that's the issue. Everything has worked fine until this update. Attached is a screenshot of the blank music player after I receive the error message

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails music player crashing after updating to Lollipop 5.0-screenshot_2015-04-01-21-37-09.jpg  
    debo sardar likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:28 AM
    I haven't had any issues with my Verizon Galaxy s5 until after updating to Lollipop 5.0. The default/pre-installed music player crashes very often. It won't start playing until pressing play a number of times, once it finally does play it will stop after the song has finished, if I try to skip a song it will usually crash once I hit the skip button but if I get lucky it will let me skip 4 or 5 songs before giving me the "Unfortunately, Music has stopped" error message. It does crash sometimes mid song. I'm not sure what the issue is, as I said I haven't had a problem like this before updating. I will also randomly get an error message saying that Contacts has stopped working, which I have seen others report happening, but I haven't seen anything about the music player crashing. I have a 128GB sd card but I don't think that's the issue. Everything has worked fine until this update. Attached is a screenshot of the blank music player after I receive the error message

Try going to Settings, Application Manager, All Apps, Scroll down to Music, clear the data from the app. That should reset the app to factory and try it and see if it crashes.
    04-02-2015 08:49 AM
    Try going to Settings, Application Manager, All Apps, Scroll down to Music, clear the data from the app. That should reset the app to factory and try it and see if it crashes.
    This worked thank you very much. Just curious why that was causing an issue?

04-05-2015 04:46 PM
    This worked thank you very much. Just curious why that was causing an issue?

Probably had something to do with the upgrade not compiling the data correctly on the app after the upgrade. Glad to hear your all fixed up.
    04-05-2015 04:55 PM
    I have the same issue. It is constantly crashing. Tried clearing cache and updates multiple times but nothing seems to work. Also my google maps gps and a few other apps started crashing, however not as frequently

My phone is a sprint galaxy s5
    05-06-2015 06:42 PM
    Thaqqqu so much bro.
    07-02-2015 05:08 AM
    awesome fix man. Had the same prob, glad I saw this post...I really appreciate your help....
    09-11-2015 06:24 PM
    I have the asame problem after updating my Samsung S5 to lollipop, i cleared everything from the application manager and still get sudden crash. Where you have to to press on play 2 or 3 times to reply the song again. Any ideas on what to do?
    11-25-2015 11:26 PM
    On my thread, I have also reported of music player crashing. I don't know about kitkat as I bought it recently and updated immediately to lollipop. So, a user said me to use PowerAmp player which solved the problem of music player crashing.
    11-26-2015 12:38 AM