Very strange Galaxy S5 bluetooth problem

lipcius

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I would really appreciate some help with my problem.

I have a galaxy S5, which connects to all bluetooth devices without problems - my car Hyundai i40, my earpiece by samsung - all working perfectly. However I just bought a Nissan Leaf and it also connects to this car - it can read address book, play audio from youtube (on car's system), but I just cannot make a call - calling from the phone (while connected to car) shows bluetooth acitve sign, but the audio comes from the phone itself. If I try to dial from car's navigation system it always shows - called failed.

I have tried many things - from factory reset on the phone, to clearing bluetooth data, pairing and unparing the phone, adding to trusted devices list, uninstalling/disabling some programs and eveyrthing I could think of, but nothing helps.

The weirdest thing is that to this car I connect with Samsung Note 2014 without any problems and make calls effortlessly, same with my wife's Galaxy S4. And even more strange thing is that I borrowed a Galaxy S5 from my father and connected with the car and made calls without any problems...

What could be causing such strange behaviour on this main feature of car's bluetooth connection with my particular phone device?

Thanks a lot for any answers,
S.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! While connected to the Leaf, go to Settings>Bluetooth, select the Leaf, and make sure Phone Audio is checked on.

lipcius

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, tried that too - all choices, however does not help. With other phones/devices it's just plug and play, even with father's S5, however with mine nothings helps. Could it be a hardware problem? But why then does it work ok with Hyundai or bluetooth earpiece?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there anything else that might be connecting to the car at the same time? Some other Bluetooth device?

lipcius

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
No, nothing is connected. Again why would it affect only my phone, while Note 2014, S4, another S5 on same conditions work perfectly... Well mine connects too, just doesn't transfer the call to car's system, and the car system cannot make a call from the navigation unit. It just seems they don't communicate on that occasion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan