OTA Update for Verizon GS5 - FoxFi Still Working?

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I just received an OTA update for my stock Verizon GS5. Can any Verizon FoxFi users with grandfathered unlimited data confirm whether FoxFi Still works after this update? I'm terrified to lose tethering capability with my unlimited data plan!

Thomas Short1

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes ....the FoxFI app still works with the new Lolipop 5.0 update on Verizon wireless. I'm grandfather on the unlimited plan and there are no side effects from the update.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm still on the grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon. Can anyone on the same plan confirm if Foxfi is still working for wifi tethering after the latest OTA? The software version number for this update is LRX21T.G900VVRU1B0D5.

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm still on the grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon. Can anyone on the same plan confirm if Foxfi is still working for wifi tethering after the latest OTA? The software version number for this update is LRX21T.G900VVRU1B0D5.

Thanks!

The G900VVRU1B0D5 update was withdrawn by Verizon a few weeks ago and has been replaced by the dreaded Verizon OE1 update. See, Verizon OE1 update prevents rooting/downgrading

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to simply disable the update notifications?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to simply disable the update notifications?

On a Verizon, G900V, phone, unless you are rooted... NO! See my previous link...

"
WARNING! Verizon are rolling the OE1 update out to customers and unless you are already rooted and have disabled OTA updates, there is no way of stopping it.

"You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!"
(The Borg)
"

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like declining the update will just have to remain a part of my daily routine :(

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok then, looks like I'm left with no options.

Back to my original post with an update: Does anyone know if FoxFi still works with a stock Verizon S5 running the latest 0E1 software?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech