Why is my S4 not turning on or charging?

roddypiper11

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So basically, randomly my s4 was charging really slow one day and just before sleeping, I put it on charge. When I woke up, the battery was drained and it wouldn't turn on (it vibrated and showed the Samsung sign then turned off) which was strange. So the next day, I went out and bought a new charger thinking there was a problem with the charger but that didn't help it either. So then I went and borrowed a new battery from a cousin and it worked for a day but it still charged very slowly. I ended up continuously charging it to keep it from draining and keeping an eye on it because it would randomly stop charging. But that also ended up being useless because as soon as I put it on charge before sleeping, it drained again. My attempts at fixing it ruled out that it can't be charger or battery problem so I am guessing there is a problem with the micro USB port. What steps should I take to fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the S5 forum, but I had the same type of problem with my Galaxy Tab S after just 6 weeks. I went to plug it in and the tablet shut down. Unplugged, it refused to boot. Would only boot when plugged in, but it wouldn't charge. Samsung had me send it in for warranty repair (I suspect the micro USB port as well). No real suggestion as I'm guessing your out of warranty, but since the S6 is shipping tomorrow, you can get the S5 probably pretty cheap now.