Galaxy S5 fake?

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon Wireless Galaxy S5. I'd like to start off that the phone I purchased is not the phone that Samsung or Verizon says it is. One thing that puzzles me is the fact that Samsung claims the phone has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 at 2.5 GHz. If this is the case, why does my phone not have Quick Charge 2.0 like it should have as stated on Qualcomm's website? Not only is it missing that feature but the phone's performance is lacking in my personal situation. My phone's TouchWiz has to reload everytime I hit the home button. Loading Pandora and other apps often takes a good 20-30 seconds.

Am I only one with performance issues and not to mention battery issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
i remember reading somewhere that the Verizon S5 doesn't support the quick charge 2.0 (can anybody confirm?)

what is your current android version? kitkat/lollipop?
how long have you had your phone?
and when did your weird issues started?

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Why doesnt it quick charge however? Did the software update take it out. I'll reply when I am more available with software version etc.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon s5 goes from 30% to charged in about 45 minutes if I use the factory charger. About an hour on my 1 car charger which supports fast charge, and 2 hours on my crappy one.

No lag at all here. I use Spotify tegularly, which is a buggy app to begin with, and it runs great.

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My Verizon s5 goes from 30% to charged in about 45 minutes if I use the factory charger. About an hour on my 1 car charger which supports fast charge, and 2 hours on my crappy one.
No lag at all here. I use Spotify tegularly, which is a buggy app to begin with, and it runs great.

Wow, that's great. Mine lags horribly. It seems like 4 out of 5 times when I hit the home button I have to reload the TouchWiz UI. May I ask what version of android you are using?

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
i remember reading somewhere that the Verizon S5 doesn't support the quick charge 2.0 (can anybody confirm?)

what is your current android version? kitkat/lollipop?
how long have you had your phone?
and when did your weird issues started?

I've had my GS5 for about 10 months now as I got it in June of last year. I am running Lollipop on the OC4 update that came out last Wednesday or Thursday. I say the weird issues started as early as the update after NCG (can't remember technical update's name)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-06-16-25-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-06-16-25-48.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool