Sprint S5 will not text!

Jaymes O

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Very stumped on this issue, went and spent 3 hours at sprint store and they have no idea whats wrong. We tried all tech support possible from soft to hard resets. Phone will look like it sent the SMS but never really sends it. IT receives fine and MMS is fine as well. Phone calls and LTE perfect. Sprint suggested two towers are down in the area but seems to look like its only my phone effected. Any help is appreciated.

Will rooting help this?

Jaymes O

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Did you buy your S5 with this problem? If not then it could be the operating system you are using, and I would try to use ODIN to get to an older version.

Edit: Did this happen after an update?

I purchased the phone brand new last year and this jsut started happening this morning. I have stock lollipop on it currently since that rolled out and had no issues coming to this

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I would say then to me it sounds like a dead radio in the phone, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 has two radios and I don't know if one is for upload and the other is for download but that would make the most logical sense to me. At least yours let's you get day-to-day tasks done.

I say it's either a warranty or insurance replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaymes O

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Warranty is a year correct, They tried charging me 75 dollars to take it apart to look. But if I can just walk in and say I want a new phone under warranty it should happen, I hope.

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Warranty is a year correct, They tried charging me 75 dollars to take it apart to look. But if I can just walk in and say I want a new phone under warranty it should happen, I hope.

It wouldn't be a warranty repair from the Sprint store. It would either be a send into Samsung and have a new handset sent to you in return.

OR

Samsung sends you a new handset and you send your old one back in.

You're lucky it's 75 dollars, at verizon that would be a minimum of 150.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech