Why does it take forever to receive messages?

A

AC Question

why does it take forever to receive messages?

I'll be texting and my phone will wait until I get three messages then it will get to me. It's weird because I just bought the Samsung Galaxy s5 active yesterday and now it's acting up.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: why does it take forever to receive messages?

Ok having just purchased the device I would say it's not that you have a thousand texts hogging your memory causing delays, which is usually the case. Is it possible that the sender is sending long text messages and your device is breaking them up, into smaller 140 character, SMS messages? I have one friend who sends me messages from an iPhone and their messages always end up as two or three smaller messages. They are often out of sequence as well. Other friends with android devices do not usually have messages that come through that way. There is a setting, on their end, that will try to send the message as one long message, or will cause breaks every 140 characters. You may have the same setting in your app, however it only affects the behavior or your device when sending messages and not the behavior of incoming messages. I've heard that carriers can affect this as well. I'm on Big Red and I only notice this behavior from iPhone users or non-smartphone users.

If you are getting messages from different sources and they aren't showing up right away it could be your sync interval. Check your app and see if it has a sync rate, every 1 minute, every 15, 45, 60 minutes? I know some apps like Facebook will have a refresh rate, I've not heard of an SMS app that does this but I guess it's possible. While your are checking refresh rates you may also want to look at your Sync options in the phone settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781