Why is my Galaxy S5 skipping the first few seconds of a song?

A

AC Question

Galaxy s5 is skipping the first few seconds of a song

Whenever a song is finished playing on my phone, it automatically skips the first few seconds of the next song. It wasn't a problem but now it has become annoying. Any ideas and/or help that would fix this little problem will be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 is skipping the first few seconds of a song

Welcome to Android Central! Which music app, the stock one or Google Play Music? Is this for locally stored music, or streaming from the cloud? If locally stored, what file format are they, and where are they stored (internal storage vs SD)?

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem, playing using the stock app from SD card, it went away on its own eventually

livetv12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

All of my music is downloaded in mp3 format and is stored in my internal memory for my phone. The app I use to download music is called titan and play my music through the preinstalled music app the phone comes with. I redirected the file location from titan so whenever I download a new song it will automatically be sent to the music folder. I will be more than happy to provide you with more information if needed.

livetv12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

The galaxy phone used to be my dads and I have no idea what he did with the original SD card the phone came with

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info. Have you tried other music apps? Maybe it's an issue with the stock Music player.

livetv12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

No I haven't used any other music app but I will try it out. Thank you for the help :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith