How can I fix an echo using an external blue tooth speaker phone using my Samsung Galaxy S-5?

A

AC Question

How can I fix an echo using an external blue tooth speaker phone using my Samsung Galaxy S-5

I have no trouble with an echo when using the phone on its own or using its own speaker phone but when I connect to an Eco-Pebble blue tooth speaker phone there is a severe echo received on the other end of the call.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I fix an echo using an external blue tooth speaker phone using my Samsung Galaxy S-5

It can be done, but it's not practical. The speakerphone is picking up the echo from all the hard surfaces in the room. so be in a room with carpet, lots of drapes and upholstered furniture. The more hard surfaces, the more echo. (Good speakerphones have echo suppression, which takes a pretty powerful computer, they're not little $25 boxes.) Try using the speakerphone outdoors, away from buildings and pavement and you probably won't have any echo. (If you still do then, whatever company designed the thing didn't have an acoustic engineer design the audio parameters. A speakerphone isn't as simple as an amplified speaker and a sensitive mic, even that's all most of them are. Add a hard plastic case with no acoustically dead material in the interior and it's amazing they don't just howl with feedback.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs