Should I use the advanced Wi-Fi smart network switch setting? Not sure I fully understand what it does after reading description associated with this setting. Any thoughts (pros or cons)? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App - Verizon S5
    04-11-2015 03:09 PM
    I recall a lot of issues with Smart Network Switch when Lollipop rolled out to the S5, so I would keep it off. People were losing wi-fi connections frequently when it was turned on. Maybe they patched it by now, but I can't be sure.
    konvajw and boudicca00 like this.
    04-12-2015 05:12 AM
    I don't use it, and I'm running 4.4.2! It seems to drop the WiFi connection, like it's way too sensitive, and there doesn't seem to be any way adjust what it considers a strong WiFi signal to be! Personally I'd just turn it off and leave it that way...
    konvajw likes this.
    04-12-2015 06:41 AM
    I would tend to agree. The Smart Network Switch is the most stupid thing I have seen to date from Samsung. With it on, my VERY STRONG Wifi connection is constantly dropping and reconnecting. Keep it off and pretend it doesn't exist.
    boudicca00 likes this.
    07-16-2015 04:35 AM
    I turned it on to see what it would do last month. Three days before the end of the month, I got notification from my provider that I had used up all of my 1GB of data. Now, I have NEVER EVER used more than .5GB in a month since I work from home and my phone usually uses up the wifi there. I called my cell phone provider and they weren't very helpful - they kept saying that I must have had a lot of downloads. It's turned off now and I really caution everyone to leave it off.
    EmmiDuree likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:28 AM
    I turned it on to see what it would do last month. Three days before the end of the month, I got notification from my provider that I had used up all of my 1GB of data. Now, I have NEVER EVER used more than .5GB in a month since I work from home and my phone usually uses up the wifi there. I called my cell phone provider and they weren't very helpful - they kept saying that I must have had a lot of downloads. It's turned off now and I really caution everyone to leave it off.
    Yup, that's because it kept dropping your most likely strong wifi connection, thinking it was weak, and putting you back on data constantly.
    I would see notifications that it was constantly RECONNECTING to my wifi while I was at home. And sure enough it was that stupid Smart Network Crap. It seems to do the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. I agree, turn it off and beware!
    09-09-2015 12:10 PM