google smart lock

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone use this feature, it's hidden on the s5 in security settings and keeps your phone unlocked as long as you have it on you, even with with finger sensor on .. pretty cool

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's good when it works. I've found that the Bluetooth Smart Lock feature on my Nexus 5 can be a bit erratic, although it's better than it used to be--probably due to recent Google Play Services updates.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The smart lock seems to be a hit or miss for many. Sometime it works....sometimes it doesn't. After reading some articles in this forum and in the Lollipop 5 forum it seems that Google play services and maybe Google maps are the culprits. At this point it's more of a pain in the a$$ then anything else. Had mine working for a few hours last night and now this morning it's not work. Not worth the hassle at this time until they fix it.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine works great and I use it ALL the time. The only hitch with my setup is when I take it off the wireless charging it goes back to the fingerprint scanner and does not automatically unlock.