I just picked up my S5 a couple weeks ago and I've been experimenting with the camera. Obviously there's a big difference in video quality between 4K and 1080p, but is the audio quality also different? I play the piano and I want to record some of my playing and throw it on YouTube and such. Video quality is not that big a deal to me as much as the audio quality is. The Galaxy S2 (that I just replaced with the S5) recorded decent enough video but the recorded audio was terrible. The S5 is already far better for what I'm doing than what I had either way, but if 4K is able to yield a better recording....why not use the best I've got?

Apologies if this question has already been answered on here but a quick search came up empty.

Thanks
    04-12-2015 09:27 PM
    I just picked up my S5 a couple weeks ago and I've been experimenting with the camera. Obviously there's a big difference in video quality between 4K and 1080p, but is the audio quality also different?
    No, 4k refers only to the video.

I play the piano and I want to record some of my playing and throw it on YouTube and such. Video quality is not that big a deal to me as much as the audio quality is.
    For a piano you want a pretty high sampling rate (at least 96kHz) or you won't be able to tell a piano from an organ. (The sampling rate will determine how many harmonics you record, and that's what makes the difference between the same note played on different instruments.) There's nothing you can do about the sampling rate in the camera app. You might be able to find an audio recording app with a high sampling rate.

but if 4K is able to yield a better recording
    You're asking whether wearing a tux will make the piano sound better than if you're wearing shorts - 4k has nothing to do with the audio.
    04-12-2015 10:12 PM
    Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you for the input

You mean wearing a tux doesn't make it sound better? *Puts tuxedo back in the closet*
    LOL
    Brian_Blaire likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:24 PM
    Lol

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5
    04-13-2015 01:58 AM