Can I get some K9 mail help?

aacary

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
K9 mail help

I searched for a K9 thread and couldnt find one here, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Since my last update (5.0), my K9 mail app displays all mail text shifted to the left which is really annoying to read, especially long emails.
Ive been through all the settings and cant find anything to correct this problem. Last ditch effort will be to delete the whole app and start all over again which I'd rather not have to do.

Thanks for any help.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: K9 mail help

Have you tried pulling the battery and leave it out for a few minutes then put it back in. See if that solves your issue. You might also want to try cleaning the cache in your K9 mail app.

Posted via Android Central App

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried pulling the battery and leave it out for a few minutes then put it back in. See if that solves your issue. You might also want to try cleaning the cache in your K9 mail app.

Posted via Android Central App

If that doesn't work, try aqua mail. I've been using k9 for years and just recently switched to aqua and it's awesome

Posted via the Android Central App

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm using Blue Mail.....or now as it's called.....Type Mail. Great app!! No issues and many options to customize. :)

Rob Bale

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

+1 on Type Mail. Used K9 in the past, and moving to Type Mail was simple for me, and hopefully for you as well.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I don't like nor ever suggest email apps that store YOUR information on THEIR servers. TypeMail stores all your emails on their server. I have been using MailWise. All data is stored locally.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't like nor ever suggest email apps that store YOUR information on THEIR servers. TypeMail stores all your emails on their server. I have been using MailWise. All data is stored locally.
I'm not aware of any email clients that store any private info on their server. I use AquaMail and it doesn't. Do you have any examples and know what info they keep?

Why would TypeMail keep user's email on their server?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Why would TypeMail keep user's email on their server?

They store the mail for "making your experience better". If you ever want to know who does or does not, go to their website and read their privacy policy. If they don't have a website with a specific privacy policy, then stay away.

Here is (some of) what's on TypeMail's site:

Type Mail helps you manage your email, and in order to provide you with that service, we need to collect, store, and in rare cases, share your personal information.

Um... "share"? Really?

Aquamail specifically says they do not store your information on their server, and that everything is done locally.

It only connects to the mail servers hosting your mail accounts, and only transmits the password to those servers (and may not even do that when using OAUTH2).
It only stores your messages on the device.

Just throwing out there that these are all possibilities that your mail may be stored in places that you may not be aware of.

There were two or three other apps that did the same thing (stored your email on their servers) while I've been looking for a good Exchange client.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

OK, they say they may store and share your *information* which is not the same as store and share your *email*. Still, I get your point and agree. I will not recommend Type Mail again.

Do you know what other clients are guilty of practices similar to Type Mail?

AquaMail is very good for Exchange and passes on privacy, Nine is specialized for Exchange only and highly regarded as maybe the best Exchange client, but I haven't checked their privacy policy.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Yeah... I haven't been able to find anything on Nine's privacy policy, and yes - it is touted as one of the best. For most people, they won't care if companies store their mail to make for a better/richer email experience. If you're using it for your business email, then that may be a different story and you should consult your company's IT policy.

Would I trust these companies with my data? Quite possibly, but in my profession, emails are VERY confidential (well, as much as email can be) and we can't have email data stored all over the place other than on our Exchange servers which is the only reason that I pointed it out that people should try to find out the app manufacturer's Privacy Policy.

And yes - Aquamail gets a pass - everything's local.

*** Update - Nine apparently does everything local as well as per their app page on the Play store

Nine is not cloud based. It only stores your accounts’ passwords on the actual device. It only connects to the actual mail servers. It only stores your messages on the device.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad