Galaxy S5 charging cable question

john9721

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, just joined. I've got a Verizon Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. I've noticed that when I go to charge it, it will charge fine with a white Samsung brand cable and wall block (USB 2.0, not the wider connector) However, when I try to use a charger from say, my S3 or my dads HTC, it will not charge. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm that's odd. As long as the cable/charger are good, it should charge (and as long as the charger doesn't have a very low current output, but even the standard 0.5A ones should at least show that it's charging, even if it's at a snail-pace rate.

I used a charger from an iPhone (with the Samsung cable, of course) and it charged just fine.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've used multiple charging cables, the only one that wouldn't charge was because it was too weak for the S5 and that was a free one that came with something I bought. It wouldn't even charge some of my other items. I would think the S3 charger would work. Where you using it through your computer or a wall charger? Maybe the wall charger wasn't any good or the cable?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781