Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

schoen311

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
This is all interesting, but for those of us who are just frustrated with the update and don't get all the technical stuff...Will we get updates in US soon? I'm on Verizon and really want to throw my phone away. So much I dislike about the update.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This is all interesting, but for those of us who are just frustrated with the update and don't get all the technical stuff...Will we get updates in US soon? I'm on Verizon and really want to throw my phone away. So much I dislike about the update.

The Verizon model is just one minority variant in one country and since Samsung do not have anything to do with the Verizon firmware, see #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, you'll have to ask Verizon.

However, judging by the fact that it took them 51 days to put right their same, original, prehistoric, bloatware version of Lollipop, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting these latest versions any time soon. Sorry, but Verizon Lollipop firmware is a joke worldwide.

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
wow thank you Ironass... im excited to get the OD3 update. I wonder if i can manually install the update on mine. Updates are taking ages here in Ph.
Screenshot_2015-04-28-11-48-31.png

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
wow thank you Ironass... im excited to get the OD3 update. I wonder if i can manually install the update on mine. Updates are taking ages here in Ph.
View attachment 174099

Yes you can. I have used the DXU modem/baseband in the U.K. and it works fine here. It has an English language pack in the European languages installed with the firmware.

Another plus point for the worldwide, international, model, SM-G900F, is that there are around 200+ Lollipop firmwares to choose from. All Samsung firmwares contain an English language pack, (other languages may vary), and providing you do not, in theory, mind voiding your warranty, you can flash the latest releases.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
More releases for Android 5.0, OD3 firmware, Lollipop, on the regional, SM-G900i, model on the unbranded phones for the following CSC code...

ODD = India (Product code INU)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the confirmation ironass. I will try it on my free time :)

Here is the download for the stock Samsung, unbranded, generic U.K. firmware for OD3...

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4664691
Build date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 08:43:03 +0000
Product code BTU
PDA G900FXXU1BOD3
CSC G900FOXA1BOD3

You can flash it via Odin, using the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

I'm just spoiling you now! ;)

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Downloading it now! hehe.. yes i dont mind warranty issues.

By the way my phone is locked by my carrier and still havent sent me an unlock code unless its already end of contract. Will installing this ROM affect the signal capabilities?

Thanks again

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Downloading it now! hehe.. yes i dont mind warranty issues.

By the way my phone is locked by my carrier and still havent sent me an unlock code unless its already end of contract. Will installing this ROM affect the signal capabilities?

Thanks again

Shouldn't affect your signal because you are locked.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate you all. :p

I'm here in Canada on 5.0 with Bell and doubt that we'll see any further updates for a LONG time. Mind you, this phone's been pretty great with performance and battery life, and this time around I didn't bother factory resetting it when I went from 4.4 to 5.0. Currently running on OC1.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I hate you all. :p

Not the first time that's been said.

I'm here in Canada on 5.0 with Bell and doubt that we'll see any further updates for a LONG time. Mind you, this phone's been pretty great with performance and battery life, and this time around I didn't bother factory resetting it when I went from 4.4 to 5.0. Currently running on OC1.

It not all wine and roses for us on the international G900F model, you know. Every day, we wake up and find that there's been a new, updated, release somewhere in the world, (see S5 Lollipop (Android 5) latest releases), Then we have to read up on it and find out if it is beneficial to us, or not. Things like, what extra features and bugfixes are there. Since all Samsung stock firmwares have an English language pack, there's no problem there... so long as you speak English. We do have to decide whether we want to flash a carrier branded or an unbranded firmware. I mean, who really wants extra carrier bloatware to slow your phone down and drain your battery! Then, without rooting or worrying about locked bootloaders, (we don't have them), we can flash that stock Samsung firmware to our phones in about 10 minutes.... apps and settings intact. True, we do have to worry about voiding our 2 year warranty... yes, that is a 2 year warranty. So, you see, it's not all fun and games for us on the worldwide, international, G900F.

On the other hand, those of you on carrier branded models don't have to make those sort of decisions as you just sit and wait for any release that your carrier may, or may not, wish to toss your way eventually. Albeit, probably obsolete before you get it.

Anyway, it could be worse... you could be on Verizon!!!

(written, tongue-in-cheek)

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sammobile Free member is taking too long for me. currently on 90%. Ill be flashing mine with OD3 once i get home from my work. (Excited!)

I wonder if i can also flash this to my Samsung S5 bought in the UAE.

This is the current firmware:

AP: G900FXXU1ANL1
CP: G900FXXU1ANG8
CSC: G900FOJV1ANL1

(I think i can, because its g900f but who knows, there might be some exception hehe, im just feeling OC here)

If so, im gonna flash that one also later.

Cheers guys :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It looks as though South Korea, home of Samsung, is loving the new OD3 Lollipop firmware release with its features and enhancements, as there have been updates to all their own carrier branded S5 phone models, G900K, (KT Corp: ), G900L, (LG Uplus), and G900S, (SK Telecom), to this build.

For more details of your model of phone, see 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

DannyJr Mccray

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
After lollipop update my wifi keeps poping on after i turn it off . Galaxys 5 active please help getting on my last nerve

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
After lollipop update my wifi keeps poping on after i turn it off . Galaxys 5 active please help getting on my last nerve

Hello and welcome to Android Central DannyJr Mccray! :)

A little, "off topic", for this thread which concerns the recent OD3 release, see post #1, for the international G900F mdels

However, you are not alone with your Wi-Fi problem on the Active, see...

Wifi Keeps Turning On

Hope it helps you!

Nabil Azarou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I flashed the BTU OD3 to my G900F PNH this morning, I would never done it without reading your comments ironass. Cause normally I'll wait patiently for the OTA to be pushed.
I confirm it's damn stable, smooth and energy efficient, all that without factory reseting.
I went from 4h screen time to 6h the first day.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I flashed the BTU OD3 to my G900F PNH this morning, I would never done it without reading your comments ironass. Cause normally I'll wait patiently for the OTA to be pushed.
I confirm it's damn stable, smooth and energy efficient, all that without factory reseting.
I went from 4h screen time to 6h the first day.

Welcome to the best Lollipop firmware there is, Nabil Azarou!

I'm glad you flashed it because it proves that I am not BS'ing about this high changelist release. People may not understand about the different Lollipop firmwares worldwide and their changelists but they sure as hell can appreciate all the improvements and features this one brings.

The great thing about the worldwide model, G900F, is that we can pick and choose from over 200+ Lollipop firmware releases from Samsung and don't have to wait for any carriers, who may, or may not, release it. Post #32 above was written, tongue-in-cheek, but as you have now found out.... there's a lot of truth to it.

I guarantee one thing and I hope you agree, this forum would have a lot less posts if everyone was on this firmware. Enjoy! :D

Nabil Azarou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I guarantee one thing and I hope you agree, this forum would have a lot less posts if everyone was on this firmware. Enjoy! :D

Yeah I do agree.
I took some scrennshots for people who didn't jump yet to the OD3.

Thank you ironass for all the good work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-24.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-07.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-00-01-17.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
so the latest firmware is NL9?

edit:which one do i have to look to tell my version?i pressed *#1234# and it shows AP,CP and CSC which one do i have to look at