Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
so the latest firmware is NL9?

Posted via the Android Central App

edit:which one do i have to look to tell my version?i pressed *#1234# and it shows AP,CP and CSC which one do i have to look at

Last 3 digits of AP:

NL9 is an old build from Dec: 2014

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung are issuing more releases for the OD3 Lollipop firmware on the worldwide model, G900F, mentioned in post #1, on the following CSC codes...

OXX = Croatia (TELE2)

VFG = Croatia (Vipnet)

VFR = Italy (Vodafone)

OXX = Macedonia

OXX = Unknown (product code SIO)

HTS = Sweden (Tre)

DRE = Austria (3)

HUI = Italy (H3G)

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
soo.....after oc2 whats will be the next update?

edit:actually i got a update before but it failed so im not sure of that....

Last edited:

Nabil Azarou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

After the OC2 comes the OC7 then the OD3. So if you're going to flash your phone then you should go for the OD3 for sure.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

If you are asking about the next scheduled OTA, (Over The Air), or Samsung Kies update for your phone, I would first need to know your CSC code as per #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, as it is this that, usually, determines which of the numerous worldwide firmwares for the international G900F, you are eligible to receive.Just post, or screenshot, the 3 lines of information under your, "Version", as shown in the Dummies Guide.

Last edited:

ian duncan

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi. New to the forum so be gentle :)

I have the sm-g900f s5 but the UAE version and still have not recieved the lollipop update (still on 4.4.2) only want to see if updating will fix my fingerprint scanner not working mainly vut also to see what its like.

Im in the uk and the phone is unlocked and unbranded with the following firmware
AP: G900FXXU1ANL1
CP: G900FXXU1ANG8
CSC: G900FOJV1ANL1

Gonna bite the bullitt and flash with odin but not sure as to what version to flash it with?
Any sugestions would be awesome
thanks

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi. New to the forum so be gentle :)

I have the sm-g900f s5 but the UAE version and still have not recieved the lollipop update (still on 4.4.2) only want to see if updating will fix my fingerprint scanner not working mainly vut also to see what its like.

Im in the uk and the phone is unlocked and unbranded with the following firmware
AP: G900FXXU1ANL1
CP: G900FXXU1ANG8
CSC: G900FOJV1ANL1

Gonna bite the bullitt and flash with odin but not sure as to what version to flash it with?
Any sugestions would be awesome
thanks

Hello and welcome to Android Central ian duncan! :)

You are on, currently, the latest version released for the UAE.

You can either wait for a Lollipop release for your CSC code, OJV, for the UAE or you can download and flash the latest OD3 firmware as per post #28, above. This has a European language pack that includes English but not Arabic.

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Isnt the G900H an international model too just without LTE? Can I download and flash the latest update myself. I'm currently on OCA.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Isnt the G900H an international model too just without LTE? Can I download and flash the latest update myself. I'm currently on OCA.

Definitely not!

You forgot to mention that you are an octa core phone with an Exynos chip as opposed to a quad core with a Qualcomm chip and a Mali GPU and not an Adreno. You are on OCA, the 10th build of March 2015, so you are pretty much up-to-date for your model.

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you work for Samsung? Lol you know so much. Thanks man!

I've literally become addicted to reading his posts; even if the subject may not interest me. I've learned a great deal from him.

Sorry for going off-topic like this, I just had to get that off my chest.

Thanks, ironass. Just know that you are helping more people than the ones who post here. :)

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get my unlock codes and successfully unlocked my Globe locked phone.
- Installed UK OD3 just like a breeze :) Success! Bye bye branding and bloatware

I also installed on my OJV S5 G900F from the UAE with no problems

Will be monitoring performance and bugs (If any) with this new update.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Without wishing to rain on Sprint, G900P, owners parade, the latest OD3 update is far from the legendary OD3 update that the international, G900F, users are having pushed to their phones, by Samsung.

Sure, they are both labelled OD3 but that only means the 3rd build of April, 2015 for that particular model. See, #1.9 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

However, since it takes around 6 -> 8 weeks to get a heavily carrier branded, minority variant firmware released, it seemed unlikely that Sprint's OD3 would be based on the OD3 release described in post #1

Furthermore, from this thread and others on the web, it seems that there were certain issues present in Sprint's OD3 build that are not present in the international OD3 version.

Thanks to some clever detective work by systemofadown1 on here, who tracked down the all important changelist # for this ;latest Sprint release, my suspicions were confirmed.

The Sprint changelist # for their carrier branded OD3 release is #4631307 which includes all the changes, around 300,000 -> 500,000, required for carrier bloatware which is not present on the international OD3 update that has a changelist number of #4664691 which is considerably higher due to the improvements and enhancements added to this build.

Bearing the above in mind, this puts Sprints latest version of Lollipop on a build of around February's OB7 release for the international model, changelist #4209230, which went a long way to correcting a lot of the issues from the initial Lollipop releases and was, IMHO, the first usable build for Lollipop.

For any doubters out there, just look at the changelists in post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!! for the OC4 build for AT&T, #4432708, and the OC4 build for Verizon on changelist #3846539. There is a world of difference between these 2 releases.

The bottom line is that I am afraid that you cannot compare or expect the improvements and enhancements of the international OD3 build but the Sprint build is currently way ahead of all other U.S. and Canadian carriers and should, consequently, offer a much higher customer satisfaction rating.

ian duncan

May 3, 2015
Visit site
What version did you update it with? Have the same UAE s5 and need to update mine as the waiting is just too much now.

Any problems found with it so far?