Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has just released its 4th Lollipop update in 3 months to the U.K. non carrier branded, SM-G900F, worldwide model. Build OD3, 9th April, comes with a whopping changelist #4664691 which contains loads of improvements and enhancements to the Lollipop firmware, including Smart Unlock with voice.

This comes hot on the heels of the last build a month ago, of OC7 on changelist #4469118 which Samsung are now rolling out to their unbranded and lightly carrier branded models, worldwide.

Past improvements have brought a whole host of fixes, such as the Mute toggle, Screen pinning, Alarm notifiacation in silent mode, Wi-Fi and signal improvements, camera fixes, fully charged notification removed, as well as performance and battery enhancements.

Whilst Samsung do not post actual detailed changelogs, they excel at releasing improvements and bugfix updates continually. Obviously, it is easier for them to issue these updates to the carrier free, worldwide, models, where they do not have to wait for carriers to add their branding and bloatware.

To give you an idea of how this latest update compares to other firmwares, here are the changelist #'s for the U.S. and Canadian carrier branded, minority variants...

Sprint model G900P build OD3 = changelist #4631307 (This is not the same OD3 build mentioned above)

C-Spire model G900R7 build OC2 = changelist #4538308

AT&T model G900A build OC4 = changelist #4432708

U.S. Cellular model G900R4 build OC1 = changelist #4385544

Bluegrass Cellular etc: model G900R6 build OB3 = changelist #4173671

Canada (all models G900W8) build OC1 = changelist #4100894

T-Mobile (USA only) model G900T build OB1 = changelist #4033351

Verizon model G900V builds OA8 & OC4 = changelist #3846539
(Verizon did not elect to go for a later build with OC4 but merely patched the very old, (Nov/Dec 2014), original, build!)

(N.B. The carrier changelists above, include their bloatware. The actual Samsung changelist # they are based on will be much lower)

So, you can see, depending on which carrier you are with and which build they have chosen, your Lollipop firmware could be very out-of-date.

For more information about your model of Galaxy S5, see, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, which starts with the sentence...

"Think that everyone's Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same as yours...
Think again
!" ;)

EDIT: Updated to reflect the latest Sprint and C-Spire updates.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This latest OD3 update, to quote our American cousins, is AWESOME!

Noticeably faster than even the OC7 release. If you get offered this Lollipop update... grab it with both hands. :D

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
@ironass thanks for your help in my post. But when I did the update via kies it put me back to old OS and Vodafone bloatware again. Can I be really cheeky and ask for your help in getting this latest release on my S5? I'm not one to give up easily and I'm sure it's just something I missed when flashing. This latest release sounds so good I'm itching to get it! :) Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
@ironass thanks for your help in my post. But when I did the update via kies it put me back to old OS and Vodafone bloatware again. Can I be really cheeky and ask for your help in getting this latest release on my S5? I'm not one to give up easily and I'm sure it's just something I missed when flashing. This latest release sounds so good I'm itching to get it! :) Cheers!

I knew it would not work using Kies, hence, my warning! :D I have replied, here.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you know when it will be out for SM G900H? Getting excited...??????

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Because the, "H", model has totally different hardware it is not just a case of transposing this firmware to it. However, the tweaks and features will be incorporated into a future build soon and probably released, initially to un-carrier branded phones. It will not be called OD3 as that is the build date for this firmware, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide for an explanation of build numbers.

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Managed to update (I think) to OD3. Time to add my Google accounts and see if that annoying sign in request has been quashed!

Ivan Shingler

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I got it yesterday, really impressed with it, the camera is so much better than before, speed improvements all over it, and better is better than before, well impressed.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hot on the heels of the high changelist release for the unbranded U.K. model in the post #1, comes a similar high changelist release, #4619134, for the octa core, non 4G/LTE model, SM-G900H, for...

UUB = Argentina

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, finally got rid my vodafone uk firmware from december that was awful and this feels like a new phone!!

Much better

I know exactly what you mean LiGhTFasT!

I thought that the OC7 firmware was blooming good. This is so much better. It's hard to explain just how fast, slick and responsive this latest firmware is. Been running it for 4 days now and my battery life has never been better. With a changelist as high as that shown in post #1, I thought it would add improvements but this exceeds even my expectations. Samsung seem to have pulled out all the stops on this release.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Only 10 days after the initial release and it looks like Samsung have started to roll out the OD3 firmware, mentioned in post #1, to the international, SM-G900F, models, with a release for the lightly carrier branded phone for Croatia on the carrier, TELE2. See post #129 of S5 Lollipop (Android 5) latest releases. With its very high changelist number, OD3, offers a myriad of fixes and enhancements to Lollipop, most noticeably for battery saving, performance, Wi-Fi and camera. :)

Last edited:

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Only 10 days after the initial release and it looks like Samsung have started to roll out the OD3 firmware, mentioned in post #1, to the international, SM-G900F, models, with a release for the lightly carrier branded phone for Croatia on the carrier, TELE2. See post #129 of S5 Lollipop (Android 5) latest releases. With its very high changelist number, OD3, offers a myriad of fixes and enhancements to Lollipop, most noticeably for battery saving, performance, Wi-Fi and camera. :)

Hey, do you know if we get the TouchWiz enhancements found on the Galaxy s6 with this update?

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad