Can anyone share some problems related to Samsung Galaxy S5?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: problems related to Samsung Galaxy S5

pls share common/ serious problems you have/ had with Samsung Galaxy S5

To make this thread meaningful, you will need to know which of the 40 Samsung Galaxy S5 models the problem concerns as well as which of the 200+ Lollipop firmwares that Samsung have released, so far. See, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide and Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

"Think that everyone's Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same as yours...
Think again!
"

pagauth341

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

I changed my Gmail password at a PC. Now my phone sign in will not allow me to change my password. It keeps trying to sign in with the old password.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site

Can't say I've had any real problems, but the phone just seems real glitchy. These are things that happen randomly to my phone:

When opening a contact, screen orientation automatically goes to landscape even though I'm holding the phone vertically.

"System process not responding" message will repeatedly show up for a day or 2, then go away for several weeks.

Will randomly connect/disconnect/re-connect/disconnect/etc from home network.

If I "minimize" the call screen while on a call so I can check email, Internet, etc, I cannot return to the full call screen if I want to turn speaker on/off or access the keypad or even end the call. Once the call ends, the minimized call screen stays frozen on my home screen and I must reboot.

Pressing the home button to close an app launches Google Now instead of returning me to the home screen.

This was my 1st Android after years of relatively happy iphone ownership. Was drawn to try Droid because of the customization and multitasking abilities. I sought out a Samsung phone because my home theater is made up entirely of Samsung components, so streaming and screen mirroring require no extra equipment like Chromecast.

Had this phone almost a year and I'm pretty disappointed. I don't use any of the multitasking features because (a) not many of the apps I'd like to splits screen are supported, and (b) I really should have gone with the Note 3 or waited for the 4.

I'll be ditching the S5 once I can upgrade. Maybe I try the Note 4 or maybe I go back to iPhone. Either way, I'm not nearly as happy with the S5 as I hoped I'd be.

Posted via Android Central App

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

millerwa76- just curious if you wiped/factory reset after install, before install, or not at all
thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

just curious if you wiped/factory reset after install, before install, or not at all
thanks

Personally, years of experience with Android has taught me to always do a Factory Data Reset with a full wipe and a clean, fresh, install after a major platform upgrade, such as, Jelly Bean to KitKat and to Lollipop. I do not usually bother when it comes to the minor, incremental, upgrades like 4.4.2 to 4.4.4, unless I experience any major issues.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site

millerwa76- just curious if you wiped/factory reset after install, before install, or not at all
thanks

Sorry for not responding sooner...I don't frequent the forums.

I eventually did a factory reset and I will say that most of my glitches have either been completely eliminated or their occurrences have been significantly reduced. My battery life is still pretty bad though. Other than that, the phone is functioning much better than before.

Posted via the Android Central App

LadyGrinningSoul

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Sorry to say I've had more problems with the S5 than all my other androids combined. I read an article saying the S5 was trash and to wait for the S6. Thanx for the heads up Samsung, grrrr. :mad:
Btw, my Samsung Galaxy S5 is frozen. I can swipe the lock screen to open the home page but everything else, settings, apps and phone does not work. It charges but can't power down so I have to remove the battery. This started yesterday (05-17-16) afternoon. I want to factory reset but everything I've found needs settings. IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE to help with this piece o' crap?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Sorry to say I've had more problems with the S5 than all my other androids combined. I read an article saying the S5 was trash and to wait for the S6. Thanx for the heads up Samsung, grrrr. :mad:
Btw, my Samsung Galaxy S5 is frozen. I can swipe the lock screen to open the home page but everything else, settings, apps and phone does not work. It charges but can't power down so I have to remove the battery. This started yesterday (05-17-16) afternoon. I want to factory reset but everything I've found needs settings. IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE to help with this piece o' crap?

Hello and welcome to Android Central LadyGrinningSoul!

Sorry to hear you are having problems. A Factory Data Reset would be your best option. You can do an FDR in Recovery mode, as detailed in #2.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had some glitches on my Sprint Galaxy S5 on Android 5.1. It would occasionally freeze. And when I'd use GPS & Bluetooth the Home button often stopped working (requiring a reboot).

But since I've updated to Android 6.0.1, it's been freaking great! Practically flawless.

On top of that, I rooted it, installed the Xposed Framework, and installed an awesome Xposed module called "XTouchWiz" which added some of the features that I wanted "built-in". E.g. I can now use any app in split-screen. (I love that I can run Pandora & Waze split-screen, so I can see the song-info while avoiding speeding tickets.) And I no longer get the stupid headphone-volume-warning. My Galaxy S5 is now practically perfect. Very happy. No complaints.

Last edited:

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Had this phone almost a year and I'm pretty disappointed. I don't use any of the multitasking features because (a) not many of the apps I'd like to splits screen are supported, and (b) I really should have gone with the Note 3 or waited for the 4.
If you don't mind rooting and installing Xposed, the XtouchWiz Xposed module lets you go split-screen on any app.

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

I haven't had a single problem with my S5. Not one. And it still looks like it just came out of the box. I only have to charge it about once every few days. It's nice and fast, too. Very responsive. And it sparkles when the light hits it just the right way.

Sometimes I just put it on the table and look at it and stuff. :-X

Last edited:

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site

Had mine for 7 months and is fantastic! Great pics with it as well. Screen is nice. I would recommend this to a friend! LOL