Yeah. Probably too good to be true...

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a new phone to use on my motorcycle for GPS and music. The GS5 is on my short list since its waterproof, and can be used with gloves. I found this on ebay and, well, for $30 I might take one for the team. Reviews on Amazon say that it won't get LTE, but I don't plan on using it as a phone, so what do I have to lose? $30 it seems.

Thoughts? I mean, how is this even possible? Only 19 bits of feedback. Could be a scam, but again, for $30...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly no GPS. Possibly so cheaply made that it won't last 6 months. Possibly a scan and you won't even get an empty box.

For $300, maybe. For $30? Unless it's stolen and the "owner" wants to get rid of it quickly (in which case you're in trouble if you're found in possession of it), it's an S5 like I'm an eagle.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
The S5 isn't waterproof, it's water RESISTANT which is a huge difference. If you want a waterproof phone I believe you would need the S5 Active version of the phone

Posted via AC app from my Galaxy S6 Edge

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
For the record, the active is also just water resistant. Definitely sounds fake as even fair condition s5s are worth at least $100.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia