After the Lollipop upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy S5, why does my phone abruptly go to factory reset mode?

shahpratikit

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
After Lollipop upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S5, my phone abruptly goes to factory reset mode

Hi All,

Almost in last 15 days, I automatcially got updated to android Lollipop on my Samsung Galaxt S5. Here after in last 1 week, what I have observed in my samsung galaxy S5 is that, it abruptly goes to factory reset screen. This happenned with me for 2 times in last 5 days.

And then after when I have to follow all the setup wizard instruction and do restore it. But it formats all my phone memory data and as well as micro SD card data too. Also it is a bit tedious job as well to restore whole phone where you have plenty of application on your phone.

Kindly get me some help to get rid out of this.

Thanks and Regards
Pratik Shah

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: After Lollipop upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S5, my phone abruptly goes to factory reset mode

Lollipop is a major OS update. I updated my phone last Friday from KitKat. It didn't go smoothly. The phone was buggy and there was quite a bit of lag. I have found that quite a few people have had problems with this update process. I did a full Factory reset and it seems to have sorted out the glitches. I know it seems tedious but it seems to be the only way to get the phone working properly if the initial update was not a smooth one. Sorry. Just grit your teeth and get it done. Good luck. 😉

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: After Lollipop upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S5, my phone abruptly goes to factory reset mode

If it still persists, just wipe the cache partition

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

shahpratikit

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for all your comments. I have done factory reset on last sunday. And since last 4 days, it is working well. If it goes weird again, will try with cache wipe too.

shahpratikit

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

Seems like a factory reset worked here. Phone is working well till now in last 2 weeks after last factory reset. Thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar