How do I set the S5 Clock to alarm in Silent Mode? If I want ALL alerts off, so I can sleep, but still want to be woken up, what is the new way to set that? When I am now in silent mode, the clock is silent too. Thanks.
    04-19-2015 01:13 PM
    According to this article Priority mode seems to be the answer instead of silent mode. You can read down through the other comments to see if any other ideas emerge.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-working.html
    04-19-2015 01:22 PM
    How do I set the S5 Clock to alarm in Silent Mode? If I want ALL alerts off, so I can sleep, but still want to be woken up, what is the new way to set that? When I am now in silent mode, the clock is silent too. Thanks.
    You must be on an old Lollipop build as Samsung fixed this in their OC7 release build of 16th March. See...

Alarm now working on Silent
    04-19-2015 01:41 PM
    There is no Priority mode in my Samsung Lollipop update I got from US Cellular last week. My alarm does not work on silent. I did, however, finally figure out how to get it to work. Instead of silent, I put the phone on SOUND. Then I go into Sounds and Notifications>Interruptions, and when calls arrive, only allow priority. That brings up a menu of for how long (the time I want no interruptions) but the alarm will sound if I keep notification on Sound. Seems like a weird way to do it. I have Android version 5.0, Build number LRX21T.G900R4VXU1BOC1. Is there a newer one?
    04-19-2015 02:25 PM
    There is no Priority mode in my Samsung Lollipop update I got from US Cellular last week. My alarm does not work on silent. I did, however, finally figure out how to get it to work. Instead of silent, I put the phone on SOUND. Then I go into Sounds and Notifications>Interruptions, and when calls arrive, only allow priority. That brings up a menu of for how long (the time I want no interruptions) but the alarm will sound if I keep notification on Sound. Seems like a weird way to do it. I have Android version 5.0, Build number LRX21T.G900R4VXU1BOC1. Is there a newer one?
    All U.S. carrier branded, minority variants of the Galaxy S5 are on, (and possibly, will be for some time unless the carriers choose to upgrade), much older Lollipop releases. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!
    04-19-2015 03:01 PM
    Did you just say you couldn't find priority mode/setting and then mention a priority setting? Ok. Well I'm glad you found something to work for you. Maybe you'll get that other update S5 users are talking about. GL

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 08:16 PM