Just got Lollipop pushed to my phone from AT&T. What a steamy pike of crap. I haven't found anything I like about it yet. They basically went from dark to light with everything and it annoys the crap out of me. It looks very iPhone-ish. I don't say that to knock iphone...it's a great phone. And if I wanted my phone to look like an iphone, then I'd still have an iPhone.

Also, I'm experiencing some crazy app behavior. Apps freezing and crashing at an alarming rate....more in the last 2 days than during the previous year I've had the phone. I'm opening apps and getting part of the home screen "frozen" within the app.

I was already planning on ditching my S5 for Note 4 in a couple months, but now I'm going to have to check on Lollipop on that device too. If it's anything like my S5, then I'll go back to iPhone. This Lollipop update is just total junk.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-19-2015 05:42 PM
    Just got Lollipop pushed to my phone from AT&T. What a steamy pike of crap. I haven't found anything I like about it yet. They basically went from dark to light with everything and it annoys the crap out of me. It looks very iPhone-ish. I don't say that to knock iphone...it's a great phone. And if I wanted my phone to look like an iphone, then I'd still have an iPhone.

Also, I'm experiencing some crazy app behavior. Apps freezing and crashing at an alarming rate....more in the last 2 days than during the previous year I've had the phone. I'm opening apps and getting part of the home screen "frozen" within the app.

I was already planning on ditching my S5 for Note 4 in a couple months, but now I'm going to have to check on Lollipop on that device too. If it's anything like my S5, then I'll go back to iPhone. This Lollipop update is just total junk.

Have you wiped the cache partition or done a Factory Data Reset yet?
    04-19-2015 06:01 PM
    I haven't. Are factory resets a necessary evil for a new OS with Android? If so, I'll be going back to iPhone for certain. I have no desire to do a reset every time Google pushes out a new OS.

04-19-2015 06:52 PM
    I haven't. Are factory resets a necessary evil for a new OS with Android? If so, I'll be going back to iPhone for certain. I have no desire to do a reset every time Google pushes out a new OS.

Factory Data Reset is only needed for the minority of users who encounter problems, as explained in the S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide
    04-19-2015 06:56 PM
    A dummies guide. Perfect. It's like you've known me for years. :-)

I'll take a look later tonight when I'm less busy. Thanks.

ironass likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:55 PM
    I have an AT&T S5 and I updated to lollipop last week. I don't have any issues what so ever. Could possible be an app that doesn't work well with the update. My battery life is also better since the update. I wonder if these issues are as widespread as them seem in this forum
    04-19-2015 11:06 PM
    I have a verizon s5 and after the update it was bad, real bad. I did a cache partition wipe and a factory reset and it's all good now. The battery is better now, when not using the phone it's real good, probably better than it was. It's not quiet as good when I am on it a lot but it's still good.
    I thought about rooting it but after the OC4 update it got a lot better.
    I would try the cache wipe first and if that don't do it, do the factory reset. Keep your fingers crossed and go for it.

Posted from my Galaxy S5
    04-20-2015 12:43 AM
    I have a verizon s5 and after the update it was bad, real bad. I did a cache partition wipe and a factory reset and it's all good now. The battery is better now, when not using the phone it's real good, probably better than it was. It's not quiet as good when I am on it a lot but it's still good.
    I thought about rooting it but after the OC4 update it got a lot better.
    I would try the cache wipe first and if that don't do it, do the factory reset. Keep your fingers crossed and go for it.

Posted from my Galaxy S5
    Strange, Samsung have released over 200 Lollipop firmwares for the worldwide, international, Galaxy S5 model and yet, the one firmware that Samsung wasn't responsible for, the Verizon release, caused more problems than all the others, put together. This could be because it was, without question, a disaster. Verizon then, instead of upgrading their release, spent 51 days patching it up and bugfixing it for re-release as OC4. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!. Consequently, it means that the Verizon firmware is now very,very, old and lacks a lot of features and Samsung updated bugfixes.
    04-20-2015 01:14 AM