I have a Galaxy s5 from Sprint. I would like to get a better working FM radio tuner than NextRadio.

I find NextRadio tough to tune to low power fm stations such as the ones produced by the TV audio broadcast devices at gyms. It works fine for regular FM broadcast stations.

Most of the other apps available claim that they don't function on the S5 because the device doesn't have an FM tuner, but yes the S5 from Sprint does have the FM antennae and tuner enabled.
    04-21-2015 05:32 PM
    FM broadcast (audio only) uses 150KHz deviation (which is related to how loud the audio will be in the receiver). A TV audio channel uses 25KHz deviation, so the level is a lot less when received in a receiver designed to receive FM radio stations. Blame the gym, not the radio. They should be using FM broadcast transmitters, not TV audio transmitters. There's nothing you can do in the phone, unless the phone is built to switch the demodulator to a narrower bandwidth (which none are, because transmissions on 88-108MHz are supposed to be 150KHz deviation, not 25KHz deviation.). The gym can turn the transmitter audio up, if their transmitter allows it, or they can have someone who actually knows something about radio communications set up their music system. (It sounds as if they just bought a box that had a nice advertising blurb, plugged it in and thought they were done.)
    04-21-2015 05:50 PM