Not a big deal since I moved to another email app, but how are the 2 related?

Does the Samsung app store emails or what?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 08:12 AM
    How did you have that email account set up? If it was POP3, then yes - the emails are downloaded and stored on the device.
    If you go into the Application Manager and swipe over to "ALL" to show the Samsung Email app, tap on it and see how big it is and how much space it's using. This is the easiest way to see if it's "out of control".
    salutcemoi likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:17 AM
    How did you have that email account set up? If it was POP3, then yes - the emails are downloaded and stored on the device.
    If you go into the Application Manager and swipe over to "ALL" to show the Samsung Email app, tap on it and see how big it is and how much space it's using. This is the easiest way to see if it's "out of control".
    Thank you very much!

Yes it was indeed POP 3

Now I need to locate the folder that has all the downloaded emails

04-22-2015 09:38 AM
    You should be able to go to the email app in "app manager" and tap on "CLEAR DATA". This should erase everything associated with the stock email app and remove all the user data.

FWIW - if given the opportunity, you should ALWAYS choose IMAP over POP. Most decent services allow for IMAP and it's all stored on the server, not on your device.
    Tritonemusic and salutcemoi like this.
    04-22-2015 11:19 AM
    You should be able to go to the email app in "app manager" and tap on "CLEAR DATA". This should erase everything associated with the stock email app and remove all the user data.

FWIW - if given the opportunity, you should ALWAYS choose IMAP over POP. Most decent services allow for IMAP and it's all stored on the server, not on your device.
    Thank you very much

04-22-2015 12:03 PM