Lollipop on GSM Unlocked S5

Barakat93

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I got my GSM Internationally Unlocked Galaxy S5 on amazon and I am not getting the Lollipop 5.0 update. I want to get the legit software from Samsung, without rooting or anything of the sort.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you got it from Samsung, it's the responsibility of the carrier you bought it from to send th update. Since you didn't do that either, you're going to have to find a captured update file (try Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums) and install it yourself. (No rooting required, you just have to make sure it's the update file for your model number S5. In fact, if the phone is rooted the update is supposed to stop, because updating a rooted phone can brick it.)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I got my GSM Internationally Unlocked Galaxy S5 on amazon and I am not getting the Lollipop 5.0 update. I want to get the legit software from Samsung, without rooting or anything of the sort.

You will need to find your model number and firmware's CSC code as per #1.3 and #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Once you have those details you can download the firmware and flash it via Odin, by following the links and video in #1.11 of the guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome