Latest update to verizon samsung galaxy s5 lollipop

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon Samsung s5 lollipop 5. O dated January 26th 2015.
I've been receiving notices that there is a upgrade available. I'm told that lollipop 5.1 for Verizon is not ready yet. What will I benefit by upgrading lollipop to
5.0 with the current update that's offered by Samsung. Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung updates are usually related to security, as well as the various preinstalled Samsung apps. Unfortunately, they usually don't give many details. If it were me, I would just do the update.

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mainly bug fixes. Verizon's first 5.0 build was so bad they pulled it since it was causing overheating, battery drain, and a whole slew of other issues. The new OC4 build is still 5.0, but it basically fixes what Verizon screwed up to begin with. I've had much better luck with OC4 and I've read other posts with similar results. I recommend you update, but be sure to wipe your cache partition.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If you have the 26th Jan: release, the next Verizon update is exactly the same changelist. They just patched up and fixed the old original release rather than issuing a later, updated, version. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!. I would recommend taking the update as it should improve your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie