I hated the screen lock on my G5 ( only had it on one day)so tried to get rid of it - typed in password - then I tried an option and it asked me to type in password again and confirm 2nd time. Maybe I tapped in something wrong which didn't match ( did it without my glasses) - but it annoyingly said wrong password now and keeps saying it's the wrong password. What now? I can't find anywhere how to turn screen lock or password off or to reset/forgotten password or the like. Who can I get in touch with if problem is bad. I don't want to factory reset and all that malarky. I've had the phone for nearly a year on my contract and what the hell made me do this stupid thing I don't know. There should be a caution warning on it. Is my phone going to lock me out once the lock sets in if I don't use the phone for 5mins or whatever the activation time was?
    04-27-2015 07:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm a little fuzzy on the sequence of events, so let me see if I have this right (sorry for all of the upcoming questions). What screen lock did you have at first? Was it password? And were you just trying to change the screen lock to something else (or get rid of it) in the Settings menu? When you change the screen lock, it will ask you to enter the current unlock password first (so that the phone knows that you're the right person to be changing the security)--is that where you got stuck? Once you got your glasses, did you confirm that you were entering the correct password?

Or did you get past that part, and went on to select a new password? If so, then after you enter the new password, it will always ask you to enter it again to confirm, so in order to accidentally set a wrong password, you'd have to make the same mistake twice.

To try to recover, see if you can use Android Device Manager to remotely reset the PIN/password: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en
    04-27-2015 08:12 PM