Does the size of music files determine the number of pictures I can take?

A

AC Question

size of music files vs number of pictures I can take

I want to take my S5 on a long plane ride. If I download some of my music mp3s from my win 7 computer; how does this affect the number of pictures I can take and store.
OR
If I can found out how, would Google Pictures (?cloud?) be a good solution?
Sorry, newbie here so type slow ;-)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: size of music files vs number of pictures I can take

Welcome to Android Central! I recommend using a microSD card (since storing media is the primary function for the card). insert the microSD card into your computer's SD reader (using a fullsize SD adapter), and create a Music directory. Now use Windows Explorer to copy music tracks from your hard drive to the Music directory--I recommend keeping the standard folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song. Once you're finished, insert the microSD card back into the phone. The Music app (or whichever media player you prefer) should be able to access the songs on the SD card.

You should also be able to set the camera to save photos automatically to the SD card--open the Camera app, go to its settings, and look for that option there. But I would actually suggest letting the camera keep saving to Internal Storage, because we see a few too many posts here about SD card corruption for various reasons, leading to loss of valuable and meaningful photos.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: size of music files vs number of pictures I can take

I recommend (and do it myself) buying a little zippered case to hold microSD cards, and buy as many as you think you'll need. You can keep about a petabyte of files in a shirt pocket along with a pen, a pack of cigarettes and a lighter - and the pocket won't be tight. Eventually a 128GB card will seem a bit small, but you'll still have yours in the case. (I still have a 256MB SD card in mine - I keep all my old cards in it - 6 slots and I have 6 cards jammed into a couple of slots.) Even if you only put one spare card in it now, it's a safe place to keep the card. (I think I paid about $3 for mine.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34