Can I track my Samsung Galaxy S5 after its been stolen and factory reset?

hajskhensm13

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
can I track my samsung galaxy s5 after its been stolen and factory reset?

Is there any way to track my phone after its had a successful facotry reset from a theif

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: can I track my samsung galaxy s5 after its been stolen and factory reset?

Is there any way to track my phone after its had a successful facotry reset from a theif
Technically you should be able to but the blunt answer is probably not! There are two distinct interfaces and their IDs that don't [and are very difficult] to change on your handset even when you do a factory reset. The IMEI number [you can find it by dialling *#64#] and the MAC address which is the underlying network interface address your phone is operating on. That one is a lot harder to find [and therfore also change]. The problem is [as far as I know] there is no one overriding unified body that oversees the use of mobile devices and their networks to cooperate with in creating a cross company system to track stollen handsets. It's very difficult to look for the MAC address or IMEI number in use if you don't know before hand what network it's going to be on. Of course anyone reading this will be thinking one of two things.

1) Who is this moron who knows nothing?
2) Why is this guy not a multi billionaire?

Both questions are entirely valid :)

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes, you can do that.. we are building a app which you can install as a system app does the real job, track, locate, wipe, backup, anti theft - all this done thru simple text message.. send me a private message I will share the beta app for testing..

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Assuming the phone is not lost already, activate Lookout it's $2.99 a month on your mobile bill and will send you an email and pic from front cam if said device is either getting turned off or password fails. Also at anytime I'm sure you can request that to happen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If it's already stolen and reset, the best you can do is make it unusable - report it to both the carrier (so it goes on the blacklist and can't be used) and the police (so anyone found with it is guilty of possession of stolen property, at the very least). And, even if you don't have insurance on the phone, it may be covered by your homeowner's or car insurance, so call and ask.

Sraman

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
i have been trying to trace my phone with the Android device manager app. but gather it hasn't been logged onto an internet connection or my login has been disabled.
a few questions:

A. can the IMEI no. be changed?
B. upon looking specifically for the same against the s5 i got no concrete results. but it did show me a few null problems on the s5. does this mean my phone could also have had the same problem..... in which case does it mean the IMEI no. given on the box (of the device) on my purchase bill is invalid?
C. there were no specific app installed on my device to track other than (of course) the android device manager. can i even expect to find the device....?
D. is there any way at all of tracking the handset, despite not having a specific tracking app, factory reset or even a remote chance of change in the IMEI no. (in case its changed)?

Davalf

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Can any one help me with this one
I did an erase on my Samsung S5 thru the google android manager when I lost my phone and would now like to track it with the IMEI number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude