Basically I bought an S5 today

However when I put the sim card in the phone and turned it on for the first time, it didnt take me through factory setting or anything...basically straight to the home screen...
    Normally when you buy a new phone it takes you through all those steps such as entering your wifi password, google accounts etc...a brand new set up!
    The box looked new and the sticker wasn't tampered with but if the phone was new it surely would have taken me through factory settings?

Should I return it to Argos?
    04-30-2015 12:17 PM

However when I put the sim card in the phone and turned it on for the first time, it didnt take me through factory setting or anything...basically straight to the home screen...
    Normally when you buy a new phone it takes you through all those steps such as entering your wifi password, google accounts etc...a brand new set up!
    The box looked new and the sticker wasn't tampered with but if the phone was new it surely would have taken me through factory settings?

Hello and welcome to Android Central sammyvine

It should have asked for set up and your gmail account and password. Go to Settings > Accounts and see if another gmail account has been set up. Personally, I would exchange it for another, unused, S5.
    04-30-2015 12:21 PM

CALM DOWN!!!NO PROBLEM....

When I bought my phone back in 2014 it didn't take me thorough the setup , I'm sure my device was brand new you should go and do a factory reset so you can go through the set up stage,,....calm down, my friend bought one at the same time from a different place and it was the same thing

Posted via my Galaxy S5
    04-30-2015 12:27 PM
    Haha what do you know

Just went to Argos and returned the phone and got a replacement

Just turned the phone on...and what do you have...the factory setting screen came on which didnt happen with the first S5 i got. Also the plastic covering was on the back of this s5 and on the charger which again wasn't on my the first handset.

Last time I buy anything from Argos!
    04-30-2015 02:35 PM
    CALM DOWN!!!NO PROBLEM....

When I bought my phone back in 2014 it didn't take me thorough the setup , I'm sure my device was brand new you should go and do a factory reset so you can go through the set up stage,,....calm down, my friend bought one at the same time from a different place and it was the same thing

Posted via my Galaxy S5
    Hey

Like i said above i returned the phone and the new handset that I was given was brand new. The factory settings start up appeared on this handset and also this handset came with a plastic cover on the back of the phone which the first handset didn't have and also the first S5 didn't have any plastic covering on the charger which this new handset's box did!

Absolute joke...I know I am being picky but when you buy a phone for £400 it should be brand new! Never buying anything from Argos!v
    04-30-2015 02:38 PM