My Samsung Galaxy S5 is 8 months old and already malfunctioning. It drains at an incredible rate (10% in 40 minutes with 0 activity, airplane mode on). It doesn't charge, even though the battery icon says it's charging - battery life continues decreasing even when plugged, although much slower than when it's not. Same thing happens when I turn the device off, it still drains while charging.

This is the second time it's happened. The first time, I tried switching my battery pack from the 8 month old original Samsung to some other brand just to see if the problem was with the battery. It wasn't because the exact same thing happened with both batteries. I was told that my phone might have been infested with a virus so I factory data reset it and the problem was solved; I was able to use my phone normally again, battery life lasting more than a day with regular calls and texts, sometimes using mobile data and wifi. That was only weeks ago. Now I'm experiencing the same problem but it wasn't solved by resetting the device which I've done about three times.

Help please!
    05-02-2015 08:43 PM
    I think you should see if you could receive a replacement. I don't think its worth it to buy any new batteries or keep resetting it. Unless you absolutely want to keep the phone and your information is that important then try to figure it out. Maybe try kies and do a emergency firmware recovery and see if that will help. I did that with my Galaxy Tab 3 and it worked all the issues out. Just try kids if it doesn't work and you really need the phone (I know you do) then get a replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 08:51 PM
    Hi, are you talking about the warranty? What's kies? I was able to back up my contacts and some of the files I needed, if I just want to keep using my phone and it's not the files that are important (they got deleted anyway when I rebooted), is there no way I can do that?
    05-02-2015 10:16 PM
    Hi, are you talking about the warranty? What's kies? I was able to back up my contacts and some of the files I needed, if I just want to keep using my phone and it's not the files that are important (they got deleted anyway when I rebooted), is there no way I can do that?
    Yes I was referring to the warranty. It should cover these issues. And Samsung Kies is a PC program that let's you backup your photos, music, contacts, Etc. It also let's you update the phone if there is an available update for the model. You can also use it to do a Emergency Firmware Recovery or EFR. This would download the latest Android Update, Firmware, Etc. to reinstall on your phone through the PC, which fixed problems with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 after I updated it to KitKat 4.4.2. So you should download the correct version of Kies from Samsung website and try the EFR and see if that fixes your issues with the phone. If not they you should request a replacement. Also I didn't quite understand your last question. Good Luck.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-03-2015 03:57 PM