Nova launcher blocking location?

ruby2zday

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I just got a galaxy s5, wanted to customize the screens and icons a bit more, read about nova launcher and downloaded. Am very happy with the screens and icons, etc. but ever since I did that I can't use google maps gps. What I try to put in an address to ask for directions it says "turn by turn navigation is only available in these location modes: high accuracy (or) device only" Then you have the option of hitting ignore, which means you still don't get directions, or settings, which takes you to the location section of settings. Location is set to on, but I can't see any place where "high accuracy" is an option and don't remember this ever being an issue with my S3 - which is why I think this is related to the Nova Launcher??? Any ideas as to how to fix it. I'll uninstall the launcher if I have to but wondering if there is an alternative.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just got a galaxy s5, wanted to customize the screens and icons a bit more, read about nova launcher and downloaded. Am very happy with the screens and icons, etc. but ever since I did that I can't use google maps gps. What I try to put in an address to ask for directions it says "turn by turn navigation is only available in these location modes: high accuracy (or) device only" Then you have the option of hitting ignore, which means you still don't get directions, or settings, which takes you to the location section of settings. Location is set to on, but I can't see any place where "high accuracy" is an option and don't remember this ever being an issue with my S3 - which is why I think this is related to the Nova Launcher??? Any ideas as to how to fix it. I'll uninstall the launcher if I have to but wondering if there is an alternative.

Hello and welcome to Android Central ruby2zday :)

Am using turn-by-turn with Nova Prime launcher.

On the stock Samsung firmwares, you need to go to...

Settings > Location > Mode > select High Accuracy/Power saving/GPS only (carrier firmwares may differ)

LOCATING METHOD

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have the S5 (Verizon) with Lollipop 5.0. I have Nova Launcher Prime on my S5. I have just tried Google Maps and put in an address (voice turn by turn) and had no issues. Works just fine. Have you tried clearing the cache in Maps? Settings....application manager....downloaded......scroll down to Maps.....clear cache. Have you also tried a battery pull?

Nova Launcher just changes the look of your phone...total customization!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz