No "B"s in my Contacts

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried to find a contact in my phone today that starts with the letter B...not there! Hummm. So I re-entered the information. Still not there (and yes, I'm tapping "save"). Close and open the phone app. Still not there. Restart the phone...not there. Go out to my car (with Ford Sync) and look for the contact. Not there. BUT, SOMEWHERE in all this I find an option to show numbers in the phone or in Contacts or...??? Anyway, whatever I selected, a whole lot more contacts showed up on my phone, including the one I was looking for, but now I can't remember or find where the option was for showing more contacts. It's not an option in the phone menu. I'm using the default phone app. But, does that have anything to do with the fact that even when I added the contact, it still didn't show until I found this (now) elusive setting that populated a lot more numbers that are showing up in my phone's contact list. Can someone tell me why it wouldn't save the contact and where I can find the option of what list of contacts to show?
Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the Contacts app, there should be a setting called 'Contacts to Display'. Maybe the contacts you're trying to see aren't saved to your Google account but rather saved to your device or SIM card.

Is the contact you're looking for showing up in the web page for Contacts?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My brain is mush today! I was pretty sure I was in Contacts when I found the option of which list of Contacts to show but I can't find it now. When I open the Contacts app, it brings up the the phone (maybe it's always done that, I don't normally open the "Contacts" app). Well good grief! Now I've found it again! Menu/Settings/Contacts/Contacts to display. It was on "Phone". I changed it to "All Contacts". Thanks spookdroid for the push in the right direction :) Now, why wouldn't the contact I added today on the phone, twice, show up when I had the "Phone contacts" to display chosen?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you saved that contact, twice, to Google. If you had the phone set to display Phone contacts, those are only the contacts saved to your phone's internal memory (which means those contacts aren't probably backed up on the cloud!!!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37