I've had my S5 for about 3 weeks now, first smart phone, and have 500mb as my data, just don't need much data. The problem is unless I turn on "mobile data" i cannot use voice commands to make a hands free call using BT in the car. With 500mb as my data plan I am loath to turn it on just for "car mode".

Why do I need to have MD on just to place a hands free call, using voice command?
    Why does using BT in car with MB on add to data being used just to make a phone call?

Is there any way to use Car Mode and voice commands without using any of my data plan?

The reason I would like to use Car Mode is that the screen will stay on, not forcing me to pick up my phone and unlock it.
    05-05-2015 12:01 AM
    I've had my S5 for about 3 weeks now, first smart phone, and have 500mb as my data, just don't need much data. The problem is unless I turn on "mobile data" i cannot use voice commands to make a hands free call using BT in the car. With 500mb as my data plan I am loath to turn it on just for "car mode".

Why do I need to have MD on just to place a hands free call, using voice command?
    Why does using BT in car with MB on add to data being used just to make a phone call?

Is there any way to use Car Mode and voice commands without using any of my data plan?

The reason I would like to use Car Mode is that the screen will stay on, not forcing me to pick up my phone and unlock it.
    06-19-2016 09:48 AM